With love, from Santa: Christmas cupcake delights!
Christmas is that time of the year where you just want to cozy up near a fire with your loved ones and enjoy some soul food. Whether it’s a nice little turkey combined with some exceptional roasted vegetables or some scrumptious dessert that just melts in your mouth.
So in the spirit of Christmas, I’ve decided to spruce up an old Christmas recipe and give you something to share with your loved ones. For those who want to spread some Christmas spirit this holiday, here is my recipe of Christmas cupcakes with lemon zest and dried fruits.
Butter - 125 grams
Soft brown sugar - 100 grams
Lemon zest - 1 tsp (finely grated)
Eggs - 2 (room temperature, not cold)
Chopped walnuts - 60 grams
Orange juice - 80 ml
Dried mix fruit - 127 grams
Flour - 1 cup
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius for 30 minutes.
2) Add the soft butter, sugar and lemon zest together and beat till pale and creamy.
3) Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating each well into the batter.
4) Soak the dried mix fruit in orange juice for 10 minutes. Separate the dried fruit and orange, and pulse the dried fruit in a blender.
5) As the mixture will be clumpy, cut the dried fruit, using a knife, into small pieces.
6) Chop your walnuts finely and add them into the batter along with the chopped dried fruit. Mix well using a spatula.
7) Add the cinnamon powder, garam masala, flour and the orange juice used for soaking the dried fruits in four additions. Mix well using a spatula.
8) Spoon three table spoons of batter into your cupcake pan for each cupcake.
9) Bake for 30-40 minutes till cupcakes are firm to touch. They might be bubbling on the sides but if their center is firm, then their cooked.
10) Let the cupcakes cool for a bit before applying frosting. Fill in some ready made Betty Crocker frosting into a piping bag and decorate your cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles, chocolate mint chips or with cherry sugar balls.
Enjoy the warm and zesty flavour of these cupcakes with a nice hot cup of coffee.
Here’s a little something to remember this Christmas by,
“Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts” - Janice Maeditere
Merry Christmas everyone!
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ