Spicy chicken with peanuts: A quick must have stir-fry recipe
It's juicy chicken chunks combined with crunchy roasted peanuts and fresh vegetables makes it healthy and delicious!
I love Chinese food because it is so quick and easy to cook. With managing a very demanding one-year-old and keeping the house clean, I sometimes have no time left to cook. That's when a quick stir-fry recipe comes to the rescue!
This recipe is one of my favourites; juicy chicken chunks combined with crunchy roasted peanuts and fresh vegetables. Truly healthy and delicious!
- One chicken breast, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (optional, just for colour)
- 1 small sized zucchini
- 1 carrot
- Green chillies sliced diagonally (as required)
- Red chilli flakes, for taste
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- freshly crushed peppercorns
- 1 chopped green chilli
- salt, for taste
1. Marinate the chicken in the above mentioned ingredients. Leave it for 30 minutes.
2. Then, in a wok, heat around three tbsp oil, add ginger garlic paste and wait till it starts to get golden. Add the chicken and fry. Once the chicken is almost done (you can tell by the moisture drying up), add the carrots, followed by the zucchini and bell peppers after an interval of about one minute each.
3. Add 1 1/2 cup of water with half a chicken cube and the sliced green chillies. Remember, you can add as many or as little as you like. It depends on how hot you can handle it!
4. Once it starts to boil, thicken it with corn flour dissolved in six tbsp water. Add it gradually and stir it constantly.
Note: Check the seasoning. Add two tbsp soy sauce for a rich coloured sauce. You can also squeeze half a lemon and add it to the seasoning for a kick!
Meanwhile, roast the peanuts in one tbsp oil till they turn goldenish-brown . Sprinkle the peanuts on top and add some red chilli flakes.
Voila! You are done.
Serve with boiled rice or fried noodles and enjoy!
Happy cooking to all you busy people out there!
PHOTOS: NIDA WAQAR
Follow Nida on Twitter @Nidolicious