10 reasons why Ijaz Butt should quit
Many have stated numerous reasons for the PCB chief to reason. I join the endless list and present 10 of my own.
Many have come and gone trying to present reasons for him to be sacked, but to no avail. I would also like to enter and ebb in the endless list of those who believe Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ijaz Butt should resign or be sacked.
Below are 10 reasons that I believe are enough for Mr Butt to vacate his post:
1. At 73, it’s time Mr Butt heads the PVCB (Pakistan Veterans’ Cricket Board) instead of the PCB. The manager of the PVC team can still be his long time friend from Hoshiarpur, Intikhab Alam who himself is 70 years of age.
2. The next cricket world cup isn't scheduled to take place in Pakistan, so we don’t actually need someone (Ijaz Butt) to give it away, for at least four more years.
3. Since Shahid Afridi announced his retirement, there are no more superstars left in the Pakistan team for the PCB chief to humiliate.
4. Butt needs to realise that Mr Ahmed Mukhtar has other relatives too, who he needs to please. He should make way for them.
5. There are no more accolades lefts for him to achieve. U-turns on roads have already been renamed. They are now called ‘Ijaz Butts.’
6. It’ll be some time till the next Akmal grows old enough to join the Pakistan team so there won't be anyone for Butt to pamper.
7. No cricketer in the present bunch is interested in becoming an ‘episodic’ captain.
8. A proposed amendment to the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) constitution (if approved) would allow the governing body to suspend a member in case of government interference in the running of a national cricket board (I think they’re talking about you Mr Butt. I suggest you take the hint.)
9. The selection committee has become rather rusty. It’s about time we let it select teams.
10. The PCB head’s chair has finally said, “You resign, or else I will!”