Ashmit is my buddy: Veena

Published: December 27, 2010

Veena clarifies that there are no sparks flying between her and Ashmit. PHOTO: VEENAMALIK.COM.PK

MUMBAI: Veena Malik’s intimacy with Ashmit Patel in the “Bigg Boss” house received soaring ratings, but the controversial Pakistani diva says she wanted to be more naughty on the reality show, but decided otherwise.

“Ash-mit is a sweetheart. He’s my buddy. If there was anything more between us, I’m bold enough to admit it. But there’s nothing beyond friendship between us,” Veena, who is single and is waiting for her prince charming, said in an interview.

“Trust me, I wanted to do a lot of mischievous things on ‘Bigg Boss’. But I restrained myself. I never thought of a Bollywood career. It will be a matter of great pride for me if anyone will think I fit in among the Indian beauties. Pamela Anderson told me I’m a warrior. So I’d like to do an action-comedy role in Bollywood,” she added.

Excerpts from an interview:

Q: Veena Malik, what are you all about?

A: Ha ha. This is me! It isn’t an act. This is the way I am. You saw me on ‘Bigg Boss’ – how could I keep up an act for such a long time? The fact that the people in India have liked me so much, makes me so happy.

Q: You recently came into the limelight with an outburst of controversies. What have you set out to achieve in your life?

A: (Thinks) I’ve never planned anything in my life. By god’s grace people gave me so much love over here. Trust me, I’m honoured. This is my achievement…that people in India gave me love. Right now I’ll go back to Lahore to do a show for a leading news channel. I came here with a message of peace and love.

Q: You’ve a very Indian name.

A: Yes (laughs), I am glad I am called Veena. People often wonder whether I am a Pakistani or a Hindustani. When I started my career in Pakistan, people thought I was an Indian girl.

Q: You have performed comic roles in Pakistani films? What plans for Bollywood?

A: Trust me, I wanted to do a lot of mishchievous things on ‘Bigg Boss’. But I restrained myself. I never thought of a Bollywood career. There are so many beautiful actresses here and I am their fan. It will be a matter of great pride for me if anyone will think I fit in among the Indian beauties. Pamela Anderson told me I’m a warrior. So I’d like to do an action-comedy role in Bollywood.

Q: What’s the status of your relationship with Ashmit Patel?

A: Ash-mit is very important to me. Believe me, he gave me tremendous emotional support. But let me tell you, all the gossip linking me with Hrishant Goswami and Ashmit is untrue. Hrishant wasn’t even a friend. I admire him for being a goodlooking man. I’m the kind of woman who can never go by without complimenting a goodlooking man. I liked him. But that’s it.

As for Ash-mit, he’s a sweetheart. He’s my buddy. If there was anything more between us, I’m bold enough to admit it. But there’s nothing beyond friendship between us. ‘Agar hamari zindagi rahi to hum phir milenge’.

Q: So, who’s the special man in your life?

A: Right now I’m single waiting. I am waiting anxious for that special entry in my life by someone special.

Q: Do you regret your expose on your former cricketer boyfriend Mohammad Asif?

A: I don’t want to go into too many details. But I will say this. I went out of my way for him. Whatever he did or said about me about our personal relationship, I didn’t mind. But what he did with the emotions of thousands of cricket lovers by cheating crores, I couldn’t tolerate that. I’d have never opened my mouth about what he did to me on a personal level. But I can’t forgive him for what he did to the country. Even today I stand by my expose.

Q: What are your plans now?

A: Please believe me, I did’t go on ‘Bigg Boss’ for the money. The prize money is meaningless to me. Allah ka diya hua mere paas bahut kuch hai. I am a woman of plenty. I came to India and ‘Bigg Boss’ to spread the message of love. It was being said before me that artistes from across the border had no acceptance or support in India. I’ve disproved that. I’ll always be happy to return to India any time. My visa expires now in a few days. So I’ve to return to Pakistan. But I’ll be back soon.

on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

• Saad Durrani
    Dec 27, 2010 - 3:02PM

Seema is not the latest contestant to be ejected from reality show “Bigg Boss”, Veena is. Quite a slack job this article is.Recommend

• Noreen Shams
    Dec 27, 2010 - 3:06PM

putting aside everything I admire the confidence of lady just Recommend

• True Pakistani
    Dec 27, 2010 - 3:06PM

“The prize money is meaningless”, well i doubt that statement, if it was meaning less, then why would you sue Muhammad Asif after you said i have no dues left…Recommend

• Khan
    Dec 27, 2010 - 3:37PM

Veena, You made us proud! Wishing you all the luck & happiness of the world. Wish we have more self confident women like you in Pakistan. Recommend

• RK
    Dec 27, 2010 - 4:03PM

We love you Veena! Recommend

• farooq
    Dec 27, 2010 - 4:31PM

@khan….So you are proud of him so you are praying kay allah apko b veena jaisi betian day. AmenRecommend

• RIzwan
    Dec 27, 2010 - 4:45PM

@ FAROOQ

double thumbs up man

puhahahahahaRecommend

• Sankalp
    Dec 27, 2010 - 4:46PM

Well, if she wasn’t posing all throughout the Bigg Boss stint, she indeed is a bold woman then, someone very unlikely to come out of Pakistan.Recommend

• Hasan
    Dec 27, 2010 - 5:09PM

dont sweat guys…..i think u dont watch pak movies….exposure is much more the same but with cheapy actions………….hahahaha……Recommend

• Dr+Dev+Mishra
    Dec 27, 2010 - 5:09PM

The funny thing is, it has established how the two ppl are really one. There was a time when I used to cringe when Rakhi Sawant came on screen, now I dont anymore. Thank you Veena.”

• Dec 27, 2010 - 5:16PM

She was just clearing her ways to get selected for more projects in India and bollywood.Recommend

• Dr+Dev+Mishra
    Dec 27, 2010 - 5:23PM

Actually, did not want to sound negative in my last post. You either hate Big boss and other reality programmes or you do not.
    But maybe, on the subcontinent, these programmes could have a higher purpose. Maybe the friendship, whether real or contrived, between Veena and Patel, shown below could serve as a bridge.
    Maybe it could reduce terrorism and help reduce India Pak defence expenditure. How about that.Recommend

• Dec 27, 2010 - 6:17PM

Way to go Veena. Wished I had followed Big Boss.Recommend

• Dec 27, 2010 - 9:28PM

I YouTubed videos of her just to see exactly what it was she got up to. Ew ew ew ewwwww. Recommend

• Amna
    Dec 27, 2010 - 11:07PM

From the way Veena acted in some of the videos, I don’t think Ashmit had much of a choice….Recommend

• nis~
    Dec 28, 2010 - 12:25AM

Veena should be ashamed on all of that she had done being a MUSLIM GIRL. She must be taught again the entire religious views and she must be ashamed. She does not make Pakistanis proud at all…. According to me and i m sure as well as many other she has no right to call as Pakistani Gurl. Astagfirullah on her attitude shown on BIG BOSS. We are Shocked to see her as much Dramatic and madness towards Ashmit….. Cm-on Veena i don’t understand on which bases u r up to all this ….. as an Indian girl Shewta is more preferable than u in every scenarios because being Hindu Girl she knows what are her limits but YOU such a Person as well as illiterate regarding to your religious views…….. !Recommend

• Robin
    Dec 28, 2010 - 3:39AM

We need more beautiful and modern Pakistani Muslim women to come to India and spread the message of LOVERecommend

• no joy
    Dec 28, 2010 - 8:06AM

i can smell male chauvinism and a tinge of jealousy….Recommend

• pfft
    Dec 28, 2010 - 8:37AM

Stop being bigots, you haters.
    Veena is just doing what she wants to do. Recommend

• anie
    Dec 31, 2010 - 1:56PM

Veeena love u ! u were awesome in big boss ! keep rocking ! u are a beautiful and good hearted human being and u proved that in the show ! good luck and hope u succeed in any thing u do ! :)Recommend

• Sabir Shah Hoti
    Jan 3, 2011 - 7:46PM

Everything is right but one thing is true that india is not our true friend & well wisher.We want India to treat us as a good neighbour but it is not possible due to extrimists prjudices between us. Therefore, I am requesting all the those who get a chance to present Pakistan abroad, should be careful about their actions-as their single mistake will tarnish image of the country.Personly, I think that through Veena India destroyed image of the pakistan ….Recommend

• sarah
    Jan 20, 2011 - 1:17AM

i have started hating veena after watchng her on bigg boss… she is a total drama and fake person. she have no manners and no sence being a Muslim girl. all the time her stories revolve around love and love. very cheap!!!!!!!!!!!Recommend

• ishi_0321
    Jan 22, 2011 - 4:02PM

veena u r so beautifulRecommend

• Jan 29, 2011 - 11:50AM

It is sad that mini-screen’s comedy queen herself has become a comedy! Everything is fair in an attempt to win Rs. 10 million The only word that needs to be defined is “FAIR” and its self imposed limits by an indivisdual himself / herself. All others are their either to enjoy, ridicule or condemn.Recommend

More in Gossip