LAHORE: Fire erupted inside a known bookstore located on Mall Road, near the Punjab Assembly on Wednesday.
The fire broke out on the ground floor of the Ferozsons bookshop which gradually grew and reached the upper portion.
An employee named Touqeer said that the fire started at around 12:40pm, when there was no electricity in the shop. He further added that the shop does not have a generator backup.
He said that he saw smoke coming out from the back side of the shop, which alarmed everyone. Soon after, the shop was vacated.
Fourteen fire brigades of Rescue 1122 and four city fire brigades were trying to extinguish the fire.
According to a Rescue 1122 official, 85% of the fire had been put off. However, it couldn’t be ascertained as to how much damage was done because clouds of smoke were coming out from the shop.
More in PakistanFears for safety of Dr Afridi