QUETTA: A two-year-old girl died while four others, including three women and a child, received serious burn injuries when a gas cylinder exploded in Jinnah Town, Quetta on Thursday.
According to police, a powerful explosion took place inside the house after gas leaked from a cylinder. The blast injured five people, including two children and three women.
Police and rescue workers rushed to the site and shifted the injured to hospital where the two-year-old Safia Bibi succumbed to her injuries.
Others injured include three-year-old Abdullah along with three women, Sadia Imran, Saira Bibi and Amber Bibi.
Talking to The Express Tribune, a police official, quoting one of the injured, said, “one of the women was lighting an oil stove when the blast occurred.”
According to doctors, the injured were out of danger, with two of the surviving women receiving serious burn injuries.“Two women received serious burn injuries,” doctors said.
Police have started an investigation into the incident.