Investigators for PNS Mehran attack are being said to have detained four more suspects but the police have squarely denied any knowledge.
Reports started circulating that a man named ‘Mushtaq’ was taken into custody from Orangi Town and ‘Moiz Bin Sultan’, ‘Jabir Ali’ and ‘Akhtar Ali’ were picked up near Lal Kothi, Sharae Faisal.
The man called Mushtaq was said to be the owner of the house that the terrorists used before the attack.
Unofficial sources said that the men were picked up because of information provided by already detained suspects.
SSP Niaz Khosa, who represents the police on the joint investigation team, told The Express Tribune that no such knowledge had been “shared” by them.
At least 10 security personnel were killed after the armed forces led a 17-hour operation to free the base from the terrorists on May 22.
Published in The Express Tribune, May 31st, 2011.