ISLAMABAD: The Federal Government on Wednesday issued a notification regarding the appointment of Pakistan Muslim League – Quaid (PML-Q) ministers, advisors and special assistants to Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani.
In a power-sharing deal between the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and the PML-Q, the two parties are now coalition partners in the centre and will also contest the next general elections as allies.
According to the notification, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi has been appointed as senior federal minister.
Other appointments include:
- Anwar Ali Cheema –Minister for Health
- Makhdoom Faisal Saleh Hayat – Minister for Housing and Works
- Riaz Hussain Pirzada – Minister for Minorities Affairs
- Chaudhry Wajahat Hussain – Minister for Overseas Pakistanis
- Ghous Bax Mehar – Minister for Privistisation
- Engineer Ameer Muqam – Minister for Production
State Ministers appointed are:
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Sehar – Defense Production
- Akram Masih Gil – Health
- Raza Hayat Hiraj – Housing and Works
- Shaikh Waqas Akram – Overseas Pakistanis
- Rana Asif Touseef – Privitisaton
- Sardar Shahjehan Yousuf – Production
A portfolio for Khawaja Shiraz Mehmood has not been announced as yet.
Muhammad Basharat Raja and Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar have been appointed as advisors to the Prime Minister. The posts of these two advisors have been declared to equivalent to that of federal ministers.
Special assistants to the Prime Minister are Syed Qasim Shah and Ahmed Yar Haraj.