LAHORE: The Lahore Consumer Court judge issued a notice to the managing director of a cellular phone company for December 23 regarding a lawsuit claiming Rs2.5 million in damages for allegedly blocking his SIM without any reason and without his consent.
Bilal Nadeem submitted through his counsel, Advocate Javed Iqbal Shami, that two months ago he had purchased a SIM card and got it registered under his name.
Shami submitted that the respondent had blocked the SIM card on November 1 without any intimation or information to his client.
He said that his client had not requested the company to block his SIM.
He said it was shocking for his client to find that the same SIM number had been issued to another customer without his client’s consent.
He said that Nadeem was a businessman and made a lot of his business contacts using the number.
Most likely, he said, the new user had been illegally sold the same SIM number.
He said his client had suffered financial loss and anxiety.
He informed the court that the number was still registered in his client’s name.
He asked the court to issue directions to the respondent to pay Rs2.5 million to his client and block the illegal SIM card.
Published in The Express Tribune, December 10th, 2010.