Minor girl among two civilians martyred in unprovoked Indian fire along LoC

Published: August 27, 2019
Email
Three citizens also injured in ceasefire violation at Nekrun Sector. PHOTO: FILE

Three citizens also injured in ceasefire violation at Nekrun Sector. PHOTO: FILE

At least two civilians, including a three-year-old girl, were martyred and three others injured when the Indian troops resorted to unprovoked firing along the Line of Control (LoC) on Tuesday, military said.

The incident took place in Nekrun Sector, where three houses were also damaged in the cross border attack, said a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR). “Indian Army troops deliberately targeted civil population,” it added.

According to the military’s media wing, the martyred are identified as Abdul Jalil, 45, and three-year-old Nausheen.

Indian diplomat summoned over ceasefire violations along LoC

The injured have been shifted to hospital.

Ceasefire violations have witnessed a surge after New Delhi revoked the special status of Occupied Jammu and Kashmir earlier this month which escalated tensions between the two nuclear-armed states.

Last week, the Foreign Office summoned India’s Deputy High Commissioner Gaurav Ahluwalia to condemn the unprovoked firing that martyred a seven-year-old boy after ceasefire violations in the Hot Spring and Chirikot sectors.

Facebook Conversations

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.

More in Jammu & Kashmir