KARACHI : The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is ready to welcome its new chairman — Ehsan Mani — after he was elected unopposed as the board’s new chief on Tuesday.
Mani, who is known for his successful term as the International Cricket Council (ICC) president, has replaced Najam Sethi, who resigned after Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led (PTI) government was formed after the 2018 General Elections.
PCB chairman is one of the most influential, but an honourary post in the country, hence the elected individual does not receive any monthly or yearly remunerations, but it is still a dream job for a lot of people, especially who have experience of playing cricket in the past.
However, being the head of the most powerful sports body in the country comes with a lot of perks, which includes first-class air travel, 3500 CC fully-maintained car and four servants.
Even though Mani has already expressed his desire that he will follow Prime Minister Imran Khan’s austerity drive, here The Express Tribune presents all the perks and privileges that the 73-year-old will have to say no to.
- Fully furnished accommodation of PKR 100,000 per month in lieu thereof.
- One 3,500 CC fully maintained car with driver, outstation car at actual.
- Reimbursement of residential utility bills for electricity, water, and gas of PKR 40,000 per month in lieu thereof.
- Four full-time domestic servants including one security guard.
- One landline and one cellular phone at actual.
- Reimbursement of all medical expenses for self and spouse at actual.
- First-class air travel for self and spouse for official tours with five-star hotel accommodation.
- During domestic tour, daily allowance of Rs10,000.
- During international tour, $300 daily allowance with hotel accommodation or $650 without hotel accommodation.
- Chairman can spend money as actual without limit on business entertainment.
Want to be the next PCB chairman?