KARACHI: An accountability court sent former Fishermen Cooperative Society (FCS) chairperson Nisar Morai, former vice-chairperson Sultan Qamar and other suspects to jail on judicial remand in a corruption reference worth millions of rupees in the FCS and illegal appointments filed by the National Accountability Bureau. Morai and seven other suspects were presented in the accountability court on Wednesday in the case. The suspects are expected to be indicted on April 23. The suspects include Morai, Qamar, Abdul Saeed Khan, Haji Wali, Shahid Hussain, Imran Afzal Riaz Ahmed and Amjad Iqbal.
They were arrested from the high court premises on Tuesday after their bail request was cancelled.
- 1Main accused in Rawalpindi video scandal is a vlogger
- 2WATCH: Indian girl beaten with sticks over ‘love marriage’
- 3115-year-old freedom fighter still eager to defend motherland
- 4Foreign exchange: SBP reserves rise 6.93% to $8.26b
- 5Priyanka is preaching war just like Bollywood fuels Islamophobia: Mehwish Hayat
- 6‘Very good’ White House discussions on Afghan peace deal: Trump
- 7Downpour paralyses Istanbul, historic Grand Bazaar
- 8‘Standard protocols must be adopted to prevent influenza’
- 9Pakistan rejects request to resume Samjhauta, Thar trains
- 10Modi’s downfall round the corner: JI chief