Akbar Bugti case: Notice issued to provincial, federal government

Published: May 11, 2011
Email
The petitioner said that so far neither any progress has been made regarding the investigation nor any steps taken for the arrest of the accused named in the FIR.

The petitioner said that so far neither any progress has been made regarding the investigation nor any steps taken for the arrest of the accused named in the FIR.

QUETTA: A division bench of the Balochistan High Court (BHC) on Wednesday issued notices to the Provincial and Federal government for non-implementation of court orders regarding the investigation and the non arrest of accused in the Nawab Akbar Bugti case.

The orders were issued after Nawabzada Jamil Bugti, the eldest son of the late Nawab Akbar Bugti, had approached the BHC over the inability of authorities to act on the FIR registered on the murder of Akbar Bugti, despite a lapse of one and half years.

The petitioner had submitted that the high court had directed for registration of murder case of Nawab Bugti against Pervez Musharraf, former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao, Former Governor of Balochistan Owais Ahmed Ghani, former Chief Minister Jam Muhammad Yousaf and Shoaib Ahmed Nosherwani, the then home minister of Balochistan.

The petitioner said that so far neither any progress has been made regarding the investigation nor any steps taken for the arrest of the accused named in the FIR.

Facebook Conversations

Reader Comments (2)

  • rizwan wattoo
    May 11, 2011 - 10:31PM

    tell me any case in which pakistani courts have made any progress.Recommend

  • Karim Khan
    May 15, 2011 - 8:05AM

    Okay that’s good but judiciary is a failed institution in our country. After what happened in Mukhtara Mai’s case we can say that justice is not provided in Pakistani courts.Recommend

More in Balochistan