Two injured, valuables gutted in separate fires

Published: January 14, 2018
SHARES
Email
Representational image. PHOTO: REUTERS

Representational image. PHOTO: REUTERS

LAHORE: Two minors were injured and valuables worth millions of rupees were gutted in three different incidents of fire in the provincial metropolis on Saturday.

Usman, 5, along with other family members, was at his house in Nargis Block, Allama Iqbal Town when fire broke out. The blaze reportedly erupted at the basement of the house due to a short circuit in a UPS battery. The fire spread to other parts and engulfed the house within no time.

Locals and residents of the house called the fire brigade. Rescue teams reached the spot and shifted the minor boy to a nearby hospital for treatment and put out the fire. Rescue 1122 Spokesman Muhammad Farooq said a similar incident had occurred in the locality some days ago. He requested citizens to take precautionary measures to avoid fire incidents.

Rescue 1122 achieves ‘all targets for 2017’

In another incident of fire, seven shops were gutted in a four storey-building in Kahna Nau market. Three shops contained garments and rest of the shops were filled with cosmetics. Rescue 1122 received information about the incident at 6:38am and teams rushed to the site. However, the fire had turned into a stronger blaze. Rescue teams started their rescue operation with the help of eight vehicles, 20 rescuers and a safety officer.

Open and live wires inside the building created a lot hurdles in the fire operation. It took two a half hour to Rescue 1122 in controlling the fire. No loss of life or injury was reported in the incident.

A transformer was damaged in an incident of fire near Secretariat Gate on Lower Mall. The fire reportedly had erupted when branches of a tree had touched it. Eescue teams reached the spot and put out the fire. No loss of life or injury was reported in the incident.

A five-year-old child suffered burn injuries when a fire broke out in Social Welfare Complex, Umar Chowk. The fire was reportedly caused by a burner. It engulfed the whole house and the minor suffered 50% burn injuries as a result.

Rescue teams reached the spot and shifted the victim to Lahore General Hospital.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 14th, 2018.

Facebook Conversations

More in Punjab