Punjab Law College after receiving accreditation from the Pakistan Bar Council, to run five years LLB Program, has decided to operate as a separate faculty. It shall be acting as Faculty of Law under the umbrella of University of Central Punjab. The Program will be in run according to the new rules aligned with the Pakistan Bar Council.
Renowned for its exceptional achievements over the last 28 years, the Punjab Law College has achieved innumerable milestones. Since then, students have obtained ‘positions and distinctions’, making them eminent professionals of law. The prominent alumni body is comprised of the following names.
- Kaleem Ilyas, Additional Advocate General Punjab
- Salman Akram Raja, Advocate, Supreme Court
- Tafazzul Rizvi, Advocate – PCB Consultant
- Afzal Qureshi, Senior Prosecutor NAB
- Waqas Qadeer Dar, Prosecutor General, Pakistan NAB
- Khawaja Adnan Ahmad, Advocate, Supreme Court
- Mubashar Masood, Advocate, Supreme Court
- Khurram Khosa, Advocate, Supreme Court
- Shah Gul, Additional Advocate General Punjab
- Ali Qazalbash, Head of Department of Law & Policy – LUMS
- Imtiaz Ali, DSP (legal)
- Waleed Iqbal, Politician
- Iram Gul, Advocate/ Former Judge of LHC
- Nauman Qureshi, Advocate/ Former Judge of LBS
- Asim Hafeez, Advocate, Supreme Court
- Shehreyar Sheikh, Advocate
- Rana Qaiser Amin, Advocate, Supreme Court/ Member Ex SCBP
- Rana Khawar, Advocate
- Huma Shah, Advocate
- Rana Salman Qayyum, MOI/ JD
- Justice Ch. Muhammad Iqbal, Judge of the High Court
- Asif Bashir, Additional District & Session Judge
- Farzana Naeem, Additional District & Session Judge
- Anwaar Hussain, Additional Advocate General Punjab
- Syed Ali Imran, Principal Gujrat Law College
- Syed Aatir Rizvi, Principal Superior Law College, Lahore
- Ayesha Nisar, Parliamentarian (Senator)
- Amir Saeed Rawn, Advocate/ Secretary LHBA
- Afzaal Ahmed, Additional Secretary (PAU)
- Hassan Mushtaq Sukhera, SSP Investigation
It goes without saying that the College imparts education with a missionary zeal. It prides itself in reforming individuals that comprehend the qualities of the heart and mind. Faculty of Law also offers certified courses on Intellectual Property Laws, Banking Laws, Environmental Laws, Cyber Laws, Humanitarian Law & International Security, Applied Criminology, Human Rights and Human Trafficking.
UCP Faculty of Law has an exclusive Law Clinic that enables students to have a legal experience under the supervision of Academia, ex-Judges & Lawyers. Students have an opportunity to learn about Research & Writing Skills, Advocacy Skills & Legal Aid and community awareness. UCP Faculty of Law encompasses a fully equipped moot court room that has been entitled to the name of Khadim Hussain; an esteemed contributor. It permits students to practice mooting and take part in simulated court proceedings.
The mooting and clinical legal education extend a student’s learning beyond the teachings of the classroom. The task of learning to “think like a lawyer” is incorporated by a student’s analytical and advocacy skills (with his credibility, value and working habits), shaping his professional identity. Everyone in the Faculty of Law is pertinent and equipped to accomplish their goals and be exceptional citizens of the society.
Faculty of Law is the absolute choice, if you require an LLB degree with an authentic standing. This would be the first step towards a career path for a myriad of practising lawyers worldwide. It develops a critical awareness of the common law legal tradition and enables its students to apply problem-solving skills in legal and non-legal settings. It makes you an all-rounder in the forms of communication, information literacy, analysis and argument.
The Law Program is incorporated with study materials that are well-versed by the current research and scholarship. UCP, Faculty of Law assists its students in developing their capacity to manage their own learning.The LLB program allows its students to acquire knowledge and the understanding of the foundation subjects. It helps you to critically evaluate legal/non-legal materials. You will develop awareness on a national and global scale, in the context of the law.
With high spirits, Dean and Faculty of Law are looking forward to mark the beginning of a new era in legal education.