An eight-year-old boy died because of wrong injection administered to him by a quack in District Dera Ghazi Khan.
Police has handed over the body to the parents after post mortem. Police said Muhammad Shehzad, 8, was suffering from fever and his father Ghulam Abbas, a resident of Jhok Utra, took him to a nearby clinic of a self-proclaimed doctor.
Police said Ismaeel administered two injections to the boy after which he immediately fell unconscious.
Father of the child Ghulam Abbas said when his son fell unconscious, he took him to another doctor in Kot Chatta. Doctor in the Kot Chatta said the boy was out of breath and he was already dead.
Ghulam Abbas took the body of his son to the police station. Police confirmed that the child died due to wrong injections administered to him.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 18th, 2017.