Top model Mehreen Syed plays a round of Toss Up with us. From picking alternate careers to agreeing on adventurous activities, this glam-girl certainly proves that she is not afraid to take on any challenges and is much more than just a pretty face
1. Pick two alternate careers and why?
I love what I do and I do it wholeheartedly. But if I ever had to change my career I would be a lawyer. My mother is my inspiration and she is a lawyer. She has never lost an argument, especially at home, so I would love to be a lawyer and win all my arguments too! The second career would be in the army. I am very patriotic and I’m proud of my nation’s army. I have so much respect and admiration for them and it would be a true honour to be a part of them.
2. If you could be anything in this world what would you be?
The President of Pakistan. Watch out everyone, I know how to rule!
3. What excuses have you made to get out of work?
Once I make a commitment I stick by it. There’s an urban legend about me: even if I’m dying I will show up to work. Once I needed a drip and I went to work right after!
4. Be ugly and live forever, or attractive and die in a year?
Attractive, attractive, and attractive!
5. Would you ever skydive?
6. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for $50,000?
I would rather pay someone $50,000 and watch him or her suffer instead!
7. What is your favourite knock-knock joke?
Do you really want to know? The list is too long!
8. The one thing you would change about your life?
My life has been very successful. I have to say I’ve had a perfect life. The only thing missing is not having my father with me.
9. If you were an animal which would you be?
You’d probably think I’d say a lioness, but actually I would be a horse. A regal and majestic one at that!
10. Name the most terrifying moment in your life?
I am quite terrifying myself! You should ask the people who are terrified of me!
11. What is the strangest thing about you?
I’m very straightforward and honest, not many people can handle that.
12. If you were omnipotent for a day what would you do?
And here I thought I already was!
13. Do you like your handwriting?
Well, I’m a model not a doctor, so yes, I love my handwriting!
14. If you were a chocolate brand which would you be?
15. Would you dye your hair purple on a dare?
I love to experiment so if someone dared me I would. But I would only keep it if it suited me. It could be an occupational hazard otherwise!
16. What is your favourite way to pass time?
Listening to music, watching movies or best of all, spending time with my friends.
17. Do you prefer baths or showers?
Long drawn out baths with roses and sweet scented candles all around…not! I love to take showers.
18. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
On my 13th birthday my mother gave me a ruby stone. I have worn it religiously since that day. It has a lot of sentimental value because my father used to wear it on his hand.