LONDON: Former president Pervez Musharraf said that the Indian government is responsible for creating unrest in Baochistan, while speaking to Munizae Jahangir during an interview on the Express 24/7 programme ‘Face Off’ in London.
Musharraf reiterated his earlier claims that Indian and Afghan involvement in Balochistan was creating unrest there, adding that the Pakistani government had solid evidence of their involvement and that the evidence had been shared with everyone. “Even (Afghan) President Karzai has been given (the evidence),” he said.
Musharraf said the military operation against Nawab Akbar Bugti was justified as he had been creating trouble in Balochistan. “There is a person who is firing 500 rockets on Sui. There is a person who has occupied the hill features and is firing rockets and weapons… on the Frontier Corps. They are blowing up the gas pipeline, the electric pylon, the railway line”.
He said that Nawab Akbar Bugti’s grandson, Bramdagh Bugti is received by agents from the Indian intelligence agency, the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), when he goes to India. “I know that they finance him, they give him weapons to create trouble and stab us in the back in Balochistan.”
While talking about the ongoing probe on the murder of Benazir Bhutto, he said that the three people named by Benazir Bhutto in her letter before she was assassinated were not behind her killing.
“I knew about Pervaiz Elahi and Ejaz Shah, they were very responsible people and I know they wouldn’t be planning to kill her, I mean, it would be utterly stupid of them to do that. Hamid Gul is a man who… always uses his ex-intelligence connections a lot and I know that he hated her. But I don’t know whether he was planning an assassination.”
When asked if there were ex-intelligence people involved in Benazir’s murder, he said that he did not know.
The first part of the interview will air today (Friday) at 8pm in Pakistan.