Known for whacky costumes, candy-coloured hair and crimson lips, American singer Gwen Stefani can always be counted on to bring some edge to her apparel.
You have to admit that anyone else wearing her quirky-chic outfits would look pretty strange, but Stefani pulls it off to the tee. She has even been on People magazine’s best dressed list of 2012 for this reason.
1. Stefani’s love for animal prints is evident in this Blumarine outfit she was seen wearing in July 2012. You have to be Gwen Stefani to wear that much animal print and still look sexy.
2. Stefani looks fab wearing this spectacular top with a checkered bodice, paired with black shorts and sheer tights at a party hosted by Style.com in New York.
3. Stefani’s iconic ‘40s-style red lipstick and signature platinum locks glammed up her leather ensemble at the Teen Choice Awards in July 2011.
4. Stefani works up that red pout wearing a Michael Kors dotted knit pullover, J Brand ’8711 Roz Trapunto’ stitched pants and Acne ‘Pistol’ boots, while she goes out and about in LA.
5. Candidly photographed in September 2012, the singer gives a new definition to casual by rocking this long black-and-white checkered coat with a corset at the waist. We love the burgundy boots and black shades.
6. Stefani looks like rock-and-roll royalty in this striking geometric pattern blazer and black narrow pants at New York Fashion Week 2011. The red-lipped blonde accessorised her look with a pair of open-toed shoes and a matching pedicure.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 17th, 2013.
Like Life & Style on Facebook for the latest in fashion, gossip and entertainment.
More in FashionKLF: The film is good but what are its box office hopes?