Watan Cards launched to compensate flood survivors

Published: September 16, 2010

Many survivors likely to get twice the amount due to doubling in their registration.

KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah has launched Watan Cards, a scheme for the rehabilitation of flood survivors, and distributed Rs20,000 each among families affected by the floods.

The National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) will issue Watan Cards to survivors, who will be able to receive Rs20,000 from special NADRA counters using the cards.

“The government is fulfilling its promise by giving this initial assistance,” said Shah, at the distribution ceremony in Public School Sukkur on Wednesday. In the next phase, the affected families will receive an additional Rs100,000 for the reconstruction of their houses, he added.

Shah said that the distribution is being carried out through cards issued by NADRA to ensure transparency. Moreover, the process is also being monitored by the Asian Development Bank and World Bank.

Despite the caution, it is expected that some families will end up receiving Rs40,000, twice the assigned amount, because of doubling in the registration carried out by NADRA, The Express Tribune has learnt.

Several people are registered in more than one relief camp and can, therefore, claim compensation twice. “My brother has registered himself in Thehri relief camp in Khairpur, while I am registered at a relief camp in Sukkur,” said Reham Ali Bijarani, who hails from Karampur in Kandhkot district. Both brothers lived in the same house before the floods came.

The DCO Sukkur was not available to comment on the registration procedures in Sukkur.

However, NADRA spokesperson Naveed Baig, said that the authority planned the procedure for transparent registration of the internally displaced persons with the government.

“Rs11.72 million have already been distributed among survivors in Karachi, Thatta and Badin,” he said.

At the Razzaqabad camp, around 1,512 families have been registered, while 2,100 families have been registered in other areas of Karachi. Registration of families for Watan Cards has started at the Gulshan-e-Maymer camp and around 1,150 families have been registered by now, said Baig.

In Badin, around 165 families were registered by Tuesday and an addition 150 families were on Wednesday. NADRA has so far issued around 45,000 cards to flood survivors in relief camps across Karachi and Thatta.

According to the spokesperson, the procedure is such that the survivors will go to the information counter, located at the designated Verification and Card Issuance site. Here they will get their computerised national identity card (CNIC) validated from the beneficiary list. Once the cards are proven to be valid, a registration form will be issued to the survivor and their CNIC number will be entered on the form.

The operator will also add a reference ID on the form after taking fingerprints and a photo at the Biometric Counter while all requisite details will be entered on the form at the form filling counters.

At the counter, the bank will issue the applicant’s Watan Card, which will be operational after a verification of credentials from the NADRA database. Baig added that the World Bank and UNHCR are working with NADRA in this venture.

CM Sindh visits Bhuttos’ shrine

Shah also paid a visit to the graves of the Bhutto family in Garhi Khuda Baksh on Wednesday. He was accompanied by MPA Ghulam Mujadid Isran, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Larkana District Vice President Khair Muhammad Shaikh, PPP District General Secretary Abdul Fateh Bhutto, Muhammad Amin Mengal, Naseebaan Channa, Ghulam Asghar Shaikh, DIG Police Din Muhammad Balouch, DPO Irfan Balouch, DCO Abdul Aleem Lashari and other officials.

Addition input from APP

Published in The Express Tribune, September 16th, 2010.

• Sep 21, 2010 - 1:46PM

fake degree (ba) fake watan card (not be cashed)Recommend

• jamaludin
    Sep 22, 2010 - 3:41PM

sir plz help humara ghar bar sub khatam ho gaya hai ap humari madad karo pleaseRecommend

• Sep 23, 2010 - 11:07AM

mere ghar flood men doob gaya hai plz mujhe watan card issue karen mehrbani 0306.3749108Recommend

• irfan sahil
    Sep 24, 2010 - 12:50PM

sorry to say that th people who are suffering from a big flood who has nthing to eat r give to their childrens and our orgnisation who has power to provide relief them they are asking for RISHAWAT to get any food r watan card which is provided bye sindh govt.
    NADRA employes getting 5thousand on each Watan Card ..please do smoething for those who are looking at ur doors……over all in kashmore distrct srso r any other orgnisatrion offering for 50/50 money…please do something get an strong action pleaseRecommend

• Sep 25, 2010 - 12:46PM

main flod effected area say hon mrea name watan card list main nahin hay

i am marriedRecommend

• Sep 25, 2010 - 1:07PM

I want to check online at your own website WATAN CARD??? please helpRecommend

• Muhammad Ramzan
    Sep 27, 2010 - 2:57PM

Salam!
    My name is Muhammad Ramzan and I live in Taunsa Sharif, P.O.Box RETRA, Muza Rakh Zour, District D.G.Khan.
    CNIC # 32103-0261242-1
    Dear sir, until now i did not receive any Watan Card. I do not know from where and how i can get it. Please guide me from where and how i can get it.
    With regards.Recommend

• arbab akram
    Sep 28, 2010 - 1:14PM

we are resident of district thatta, taluka mir pur bathoro, here we face lot of problem in issuing watan card, due to our people that deh ghaiki and deh dachri and deh gul mohd gugo these dehes are victims in flood 2010 but they are suffering lot of problems in issuning wattan card so may kindly send mobile team for our people they are geniune victims lot of people havn’t origional cinic Recommend

• Anonymous
    Sep 29, 2010 - 10:12AM

daer all pakistanis,
    v.sad to know that watancard are getting thoese persons who are not effected and nadra and police dep: are woking on the commission basis for those persons.here the nation iz facing another mafia.Recommend

• Sep 29, 2010 - 12:39PM

Sir my name is Deedar Ahmed of Distt Shikarpur
    i have 5 five brothers please help us give us watan card
    i am marid
    nic no.43304-6823789-3Recommend

• hayyat bibi W/O Faiz ullah khan
    Sep 29, 2010 - 2:15PM

SIR My nam,e is Hayyat bibi W/O HAJI Faiz Ullah khan (late) .I have three sons and i m head of the family please help me through wattan card
    nic no 38302-1160901-6Recommend

• ALI
    Sep 29, 2010 - 4:01PM

i am from dadu our selected MNA and MPA offered to Nadira for watan card on 50/50 basis if they take all cards then effected persons how they will recover from flood.Recommend

• fiaz ahmad usmani
    Sep 29, 2010 - 5:58PM

please main gharib hon mera name watn card list men nhen aaya plz regestered me in watan card list fiaz ahmad usmani s/o fqeer muhammad nic no 32303-8866615-9Recommend

• muhammad mehrban rana
    Sep 30, 2010 - 10:58AM

A.A .
    sir i am muhammad mehrban from piplan dist mianwali .i also elegible to watan card and verified by nadra watan card verification sys.but i want to know the issue procedure of watan card we r still awaited for this relief.Recommend

• Muhammad Mohsin
    Sep 30, 2010 - 2:16PM

My name is Muhammad Mohsin S/O Ahmed Nawaz and I live in P.O.Box Unerwah, Village Pir Bux, District Jacobabad.
    Cnic#4310473924703.Recommend

• Mr Sabir Ali
    Sep 30, 2010 - 9:37PM

Dear Sir,

I Mr Sabir Ali Belong from District Kandhkot,and flood effected area, I recieved WATAN Card on dated 23-08-2010 till today 30-09-2010 my card is not active in this regards I want to Support from UBL Officials for timely activation of card

please support through help & guidelines

Mr Sabir Ali
    CNICº 4310355473631Recommend

• Ghulam Yaseen Bijarani
    Oct 2, 2010 - 12:36AM

Dear Sir,
    I Ghulam Yaseen Bijarani (N.I.C # 4230155030179) resident of village Adam khan Bijarani sher gharh post office Karampur Taluka Tangwani District Kashmore, as i m married and also main supporter of my family and my home distroyed in flood.
    Also i m in too much tension for my family and as get loan from someone.
    When i sms to 9888, reply is that NOT ELIGIBLE to get WATAN CARD.
    Sorry to say that how he knows about my family problems that i m not eligible,
    “Dear sir kindly issue us that card as we r 3 brothers vth mother and wife.
    Kindly look into matter and do help needy families.Recommend

• Muhmmad Ramzan channa
    Oct 3, 2010 - 2:42PM

dear respectble sir
    im muhmammd Ramzan channa
    disst = dadu
    talka johi
    UC = kamal khan
    village bux channa
    NIC numbr = 41202-1907600-9
    plz issuse me watan card
    my all property and my house and my crops are destroyed in flood
    plz help us
    we are waiting for u
    thanks Recommend

• umair khan
    Oct 4, 2010 - 9:06AM

Dear Sir,

I am residential of dadu My permanant address is dah dangr,haji niaz gul Villiage,Rahmani nagar post office Tahseel K.N SHAH , District DADU and present address is pathan colony ,street no# 5,house no# 135/A hyd my whole family crucially affected by flood, but my name is not shortlisted for the WATAN CARD. As for as my whole family (Wife, Daughters and Son) are completely registered in NADRA Database. Kndly do for me if u can. my CINIC is # 43103-1288862-7.Recommend

• Oct 4, 2010 - 9:50AM

i like this process because a poor man can get his own dreams are
    truth.

sir please issue watan card only for flood survivors not for rich persons

thanx for this act

kishore

• mahjee khan
    Oct 4, 2010 - 12:17PM

mara name majhee khan hy main boht gareeb admi oho our foold se mara ghar khatam ho ga our mujhe watan card bahi kaa mara cnic nuber 3210209002713Recommend

• ghulam murtaza
    Oct 5, 2010 - 4:09PM

My ID card number Is 31303-5685169-5. my name is not posted in watan card list please post my name in the watan card list.Recommend

• Raheem Khan
    Oct 5, 2010 - 4:52PM

Respected Sir,

My name is Raheem Khan and I belong to Dadu. couple of days ago i sent msg on 9888 to confirm eligibility to recieve Watan Card and I was assured by return msg that I am eligible to recieve Watan Card. Today on 05-10-2010 nadra replied that I am not eligible to recieve watan Card. Why this is happend please replyRecommend

• Abdul Majeed
    Oct 5, 2010 - 5:53PM

My ID card number Is 36301-492440-5. my name is not posted in watan card list please post my name in the watan card list.
    Abdul Majeed my village name is jalal pur peer wala mouza bait kaich multan
    59 minutes agoRecommend

• gul muhammad
    Oct 5, 2010 - 5:54PM

request for watan card
    cnic:43103-6537766-5Recommend

• Muhammad Qasim Jamali
    Oct 5, 2010 - 7:32PM

sir mera ghar flood ke wajh se gir gaya hai or janwar bhe bhook or bemari ke wajh se mar gai hain please help me,,watan card se
    CNIC 41201-1793648-3
    Cell 03337075953
    village mian ji kinde – U.C mian ji kindi deh:- Bhawalpur Tallka JohiRecommend

• Naeem Anjum
    Oct 6, 2010 - 2:28PM

apna watan card status check kr nay k liye

ko visit krainRecommend

• Khuda Bux
    Oct 6, 2010 - 2:46PM

Sir jee mera watan card active nahi horaha, plz do me a favour..Recommend

• Abdul Majeed
    Oct 7, 2010 - 7:12PM

NIC No. 32302-2356032-5Recommend

• Oct 8, 2010 - 8:20PM

sir,
    MY name is Muhammad ILYAS bhaagat,i live at village yaqoob bhaagat,bhoonbhat pur katcho .deh bhoonbhat pur.u.c pir hayatshah.tahsil
    sobhodero .disst,khair pur.sindh.pakistan.
    I am family omner.and i have large family .so i affected from flood.
    so MY name is not entry watan card ,my NIC.45208-4094553-1.AND MY
    Mobile no.03442543281.so please give me watan card.
    and my relatives received watan card name is Irshad Ali s/o Hadi bux
    bhaagat.NIC no is 45208-2700403-1.
    I am very thank ful you,

Muhammad ILYAS bhaagat.
    45208-4094553-1
    03442543281.sobhodero.khairpur.sindh.

• Abdul Awal
    Oct 11, 2010 - 7:18PM

Sir,

I am belong to district nowshera. now we are facing many problems due to flood but no one here for help, therefore kindly help me in this circumstances. i will very thanks full to you. I hope that you wiill be considering my this request and co-ordinate me in our situations.

Thanks

Regards.

Abdul Awal
    Tehsil & District Nowshera.
    P/o Risalpur.
    Village kotar pan.
    Cell 0333-3622983Recommend

• Anonymous
    Oct 11, 2010 - 7:49PM

Please watan cardRecommend

• Anwar Hasan
    Oct 12, 2010 - 4:59PM

Eucation, education, education !!!!!
    Without education all system will fail.Recommend

• Oct 12, 2010 - 7:23PM

My Name is Imam u din S/o Faiz Muhammad Chandio My Village Kandowah Disst. Dadu Tell. K.N.Shah U/C Faridabad in house flood & my Land was finsh Plz halp me to give me Watn CardRecommend

• Oct 12, 2010 - 7:42PM

My Name is Mushtqu Ahmed S/o Gul Sher Chandio N I C -41205-3298619-3 in flood plz give me watn cardRecommend

• Oct 12, 2010 - 7:47PM

My Name is pir Bux S/o Mirz Ali NIC 41205-5093118-5in the flood aria plz give me watn cardRecommend

• Oct 12, 2010 - 7:51PM

My Name is Ali Shaer S/o Gulam hyder Chandio NIC. 41205-1928273-3 in the flood aira plz give me watn cardRecommend

• Oct 12, 2010 - 7:53PM

My Name is asife Ali S/o mahbob Chandio NIC. 412053537180-3in the flood aira plz give me watn cardRecommend

• Oct 12, 2010 - 7:57PM

My Name Is Ali Raza Chandio S/o Muhammad Salih Chandio NiC .41205-7449412-7in the flood plz give me watan cardRecommend

• Oct 15, 2010 - 9:58AM

sorry to say that th people who are suffering from a big flood who has nthing to eat r give to their childrens and our orgnisation who has power to provide relief them they are asking for RISHAWAT to get any food r watan card which is provided bye KPK govt.
    NADRA employes getting 5thousand on each Watan Card ..please do smoething for those who are looking at ur doors……over all in Nowshera distrct srso r any other orgnisatrion offering for 50/50 money…please do something get an strong action please.

Regards

Muhammad IbrahimRecommend

• Anonymous
    Oct 19, 2010 - 8:44AM

My Name is Muhammad Kaleem S/o Muhammad Akhtar NIC # 61101-9463023-1 My Village Basira, Mouza Qalandar Wala, Disst. Muzaffargarh in house flood & my Land was finsh Plz halp me to give me Watn Card.Recommend

• Anonymous
    Oct 20, 2010 - 5:45PM

Chor se bheek mat mango, wo to khud loot raha hai mulk ko… Zaaar. . . . ?Recommend

• Abdul Qadir
    Oct 21, 2010 - 10:31AM

I am resident of the district shikarpur and district shikaropur has been badly affected by this devastating flood. My faimly has been badly affected by the devatating flood.I am a married and have a son.Still I have not been eligibled for the watan card.Recommend

• Aamir Saeed
    Oct 22, 2010 - 5:14PM

Dear Sir,
    I posted many complains about issuance of wattan cards still now i caould not receive any satisfactory reply.
    Please inform me at your earliest.Recommend

• muhammad ramzan
    Oct 23, 2010 - 2:22PM

please info about my watan card. my cnic no: is 43201-8029979-3 MY CELL NO 03422280563Recommend

• abid khan
    Oct 24, 2010 - 3:53PM

sir.. my name is already given.we are poor people and cant efford our
    expenses.plz help us in given watan card….
    nic no is….17201-7361094-3Recommend

• abid khan
    Oct 24, 2010 - 3:54PM

sir.. my name is abid khan.we are poor people and cant efford our
    expenses.plz help us in given watan card….
    nic no is….17201-7361094-3Recommend

• Amanullah Soomro
    Oct 25, 2010 - 10:02AM

My name is Amanullah Soomro
    Plz help me that how can i receive my watan card becoz the massage shown that i m not illigable for watan card, as i belog the area which was affected of flood and i m married and have a one child so plz help me.

my id is : 41202-4427234-1
    my cell num is : 0333-7065562
    city : talluka johi Distrcit Dadu Recommend

• Oct 26, 2010 - 12:27PM

register your complant online with nadra Recommend

• farman ali
    Oct 26, 2010 - 12:45PM

my name is farman ali son haji farid khan
    cnic 15602-0333433-7
    distric swatRecommend

• Muhammad ibrahim
    Oct 28, 2010 - 8:27PM

Dear sir,
    mera nam muhammad ibrahm s/o Allah dita hai mein ney watan card 10 oct 2010 ko liya hai magar mera watan card abhi tak deactive hai please es ko active kar dein.CNIC NIC # 32302-5605066-5. or watan card no hy.4585477611821005 hy please active karen. please active kar dein. mein bahut gharib hoon aor paisoon ki sakht zarorat haiRecommend

• Muhammad ibrahim
    Oct 28, 2010 - 8:35PM

Dear Sir

• Oct 29, 2010 - 6:35PM

i m not recieve my watan card i live in muzaffer garh address :- chah dhando wala , mahaal khaki , dakkhana bandha ishaq.
    please give me my card at my address. my nic# 32304-1633728-9.

• sir
    i m very poor my id card no 32103-898965-5 check my watan card and my mob no is 03337941404Recommend

• Oct 29, 2010 - 7:59PM

SIR MERRA WATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN CARRRRRRRRRRRD HY YA NAHIRecommend

• fazal ghafoor
    Oct 30, 2010 - 6:20PM

sir, i have a ATM card, but he isn,t active, so plz active my card must, my card No=4585 4777 9153 3008Recommend

• Oct 30, 2010 - 8:03PM

AOA: sir my name is asif khan my cnic no 43206-2083780-9 mera pahile eligible tha magar ab not eligible hai plz help me maine complaint bhi ki hai magar kuch bhi nahi hoa hai abhi takRecommend

• Nov 1, 2010 - 11:29AM

Dear Sir,
    My name is Irshad Ahmad s/o Muhammad Bukhsh CNIC # 36304-1359216-9
    I belong to flood affected area of Chah Basti Bhapla Post Office Bagrain Jhangi Tehsil Shujabad District Multan. I am married. I have 3 Child. I am very Poor. My house and crops are fully destroyed. my name is not inclued in watan card list. please enter my name in the list. I shall be very thankfull for this kindness. Recommend

• shoukat hussain