LAHORE / ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister said while chairing a high level meeting said that he was ready to present details regarding threats on long march before any forum including the Supreme Court, Radio Pakistan reported.
At the high level meeting held in Islamabad on Saturday Malik discussed security arrangements made for the Long March.
The Minister told the meeting that there were threats from terrorist attack on the rally of Dr Tahirul Qadri and he was ready to present details at any forum including the Supreme Court.
He said Tahir Qadri should inform the nation from where he got the funds to conduct the long March.
The meeting decided that no vehicle without security clearance would be allowed to participate in the Long March.
Drivers would be required to keep with them their computerized national identity cards and documents of the vehicle. Details about passengers‚ vehicle number and name and mobile number of the driver would have to be furnished to the district administration.
TTP, associated militants threat
Militant groups allied to the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan are believed to be planning an attack on the participants of Long March, The Express Tribune has learnt.
The National Crisis Management Cell of the Interior Ministry, IG Punjab and the Special Branch have issued warnings that militants had been planning attacks on the caravans which are scheduled to stop over in Gujrat as they travel from Lahore to Islamabad.
A handout from the Inspector General Punjab’s office though read that the police units from concerned districts will provide security to participants of Qadri’s long march.
DIG Punjab Sohail Ahmed Khan has been nominated to coordinate security arrangements.
Additional police units will also be deployed along the procession route and a squad of police elite force will also be in constant coordination.
More in PakistanPakistani dramas: What the viewers want!