LAHORE: At least five men were injured in a gas cylinder explosion in Liaqatabad on Wednesday. The explosion occurred at Tiger Trading Distributor Gas Company near Imtiaz Public School on Peco Road.
The injured were taken to a hospital, where they were later reported to be out of danger. They were identified as Gul Khan, Mehboob, Rizwan, Nasir and Yasir.
Police have registered a case against the owner of the company, Nasir Ali under Sections 285, 86 and 90 of the Petroleum Act for running an illegal business.
They said a dispenser had exploded after someone threw a cigarette in the prohibited area. Fire fighters were called and put out the fire after a few hours.
The losses were estimated at Rs50,000.
Published in The Express Tribune, September 6th, 2012.