Attempt to bomb train thwarted in Quetta

Published: August 19, 2012

The train was en route to Rawalpindi from Quetta. PHOTO: FILE

QUETTA: An attempt to bomb the Jaffar Express train was foiled when the track maintenance staff alerted authorities of explosives planted at a railway track near the Kolpur Railway Station, Express News reported on Sunday.

The train was en route to Rawalpindi from Quetta when the authorities received this information, as a result of which, it was stopped some distance away.

The bomb disposal squad (BDS) reached the scene after one and a half hour and defused the 15kg bomb.

Last month, a low-intensity bomb blast damaged about one foot of a railway track near Bin Qasim Railway station. The blast did not cause any injuries.

• tariq siddiqui
    Aug 19, 2012 - 2:14PM

Even on Eid,these terrorists don’t leave Punjabi civilians in peace,they tried to kill the punjabis going to Pindi to celebrate Eid.

• Talha Anwar
    Aug 19, 2012 - 2:16PM

The ethnic hatred is so extreme,that Eid passengers are being targetted only because of their crime of being Punjabis.The govt. should take strong action against these hate-filled racist terrorists who are killing civilians because they are Punjabis.

• Fundyar
    Aug 19, 2012 - 3:52PM

they came first for the Christians, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Christian,
    Then they persecuted the ahmedies, but I didn’t complain as I was not an ahmedies,
    Then they targeted Shias, but I looked the other way as I was not a Shia
    Then it wAs the Baluchis who got the knife, but Im not Baluchi

When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out.

Why u crying for punjabis!! Cry for all!!
    I’m Jewish! I’m ahmedies! I’m Christian! I’m a so called blashphemist,
    Im female, I’m punjabi!

• Tufan Agha
    Aug 19, 2012 - 4:37PM

Curse be upon BLA and BRA for their inhuman acts. These outcasts are enemy number one of the people of Balochistan.

• khalid mahmood
    Aug 20, 2012 - 3:04AM

long live BLA and BRA .

• Aug 20, 2012 - 3:31AM

shame on them, their going after civilians because their soft targets, their not doing their cause any good.

More in Balochistan