The Gilgit-Baltistan (G-B) government on Thursday said it hadn’t received any orders regarding G-B Inspector General (IG), Hussain Asghar, against whom the Supreme Court has directed the government issue suspension orders.
“We haven’t received any directives so far on IG Hussain Asghar,” Sajjadul Haq, an official in the chief minister secretariat told The Express Tribune on Thursday. Let the directives come first, he said, adding that the G-B government will take a decision only after receiving concrete orders.
On Wednesday, the Supreme Court directed the government to suspend Asghar from his current post and block his salary after learning that the police chief failed to report back to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) as an investigator in the Hajj scam. Earlier this month, Chief Minister Gilgit-Baltistan, Mehdi Shah, told media in Gilgit that he would release Asghar after choosing an alternative from the names sent to him by the federal government.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 29th, 2012.
More in Gilgit BaltistanCabinet committee: Pakistan Steel revival plan wins green light