Five personnel of the Frontier Corps (FC) were injured in a landmine blast in the Mach area of Bolan district, some 30 kilometres away from Quetta on Thursday.
According to sources, FC personnel were checking vehicles near an overhead bridge on the National Highway in Mach when the landmine, planted by unidentified persons, exploded.
As a result, five FC personnel sustained injuries, eyewitnesses said. However, FC spokesman Murtaza Baig told The Express Tribune that at least three personnel were injured.
The injured were shifted to the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Quetta.
They have been identified as Malik Khan, Asif Hussain, Ali Akbar, Naik Noor Alam and Manwar Khan.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack. A case has been registered against unidentified people.
Four people were injured in a rocket attack in the Qambrani Road area of Quetta on Thursday.
According to SP Saryab Amanullah Kakar, the attack targeted a cash van of a private bank. As a result, four security guards of a private company, who were inside the vehicle, were injured.
Police rushed to the spot soon after the incident and cordoned off the area. The injured, identified as Mohammad Jan, Akbar Khan, Mohammad Naeem and Mohammad Arif, were shifted to the civil hospital.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
Meanwhile, a man, identified as Jogee Sommoro, was gunned down in the Faizabad area of Saryab on Thursday. A case has been registered.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 29th, 2012.
More in BalochistanShutter down strike observed in Quetta after attack on pilgrim bus