RAWALPINDI: A fire broke out in the blood bank at Holy Family Hospital (HFH) late on Saturday. The fire was put out within 15 minutes by emergency responders and no injuries or loss of life was reported, but due to the amount of smoke, an estimate of damage to property or blood stored in the facility could not be made. HFH Additional Medical Superintendent Dr Tariq Niazi confirmed no one was hurt in the incident. On the cause of the fire, Dr Niazi suspected that the wiring of an air conditioner in the affected room may have short circuited. He was hopeful that no blood will have been affected because the fire was quickly put out.
Published In The Express Tribune, June 24th, 2012.
More in PakistanSaving Democracy: Gilani praised for ‘protecting constitution’