LAHORE: A fire in the kitchen of Lahore Gymkhana rapidly engulfed the entire kitchen on Wednesday at around noon. Items of food, furniture and electric appliances worth thousands of rupees were destroyed.
The Rescue were called and put out the fire. According to Rescue 1122 and the police, the fire erupted when one of the gas valves in an oven leaked. They said the Gymkhana staff and members tried to extinguish fire with the fire extinguishers available to them but failed.
One of the staff, Nadeem Ali, was injured. He was treated by Rescue 1122. Race Course SHO Inspector Waseem Akhtar said the club’s administration had not registered any complaint.
Published In The Express Tribune, June 21st, 2012.
More in PakistanArt magazine: SHO to record obscenity complaint