CIE announces O and A level results

Published: August 12, 2010

The British Council has announced the results of the CIE GCE May/June 2010 O and A level exams.

The Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) results for GCE Ordinary, Advanced and Advanced Subsidiary level May/June 2010 were announced by the British Council on Thursday.

“Private candidates can access the results on the British Council website,” said  Syed Mashhood Rizvi, Provincial Director for the British Council, Sindh and Balochistan. “We have also dispatched the results to the schools.”

The examinations which were held in May and June 2010 had many students anxiously awaiting the results that would determine the future schools and careers they land up in.

Many schools have already announced the results. Private candidates can access their results on the British Council website. The list of high achievers will be made public in February.

Ann Puntis, Chief Executive University of Cambridge International Examinations, said:

Cambridge students in Pakistan join their peers in 157 countries around the world, who are also receiving their examination results today.

I am delighted to have this opportunity to congratulate learners and teachers, who have worked so hard to achieve exam success. Hundreds of thousands of students enter Cambridge examinations every year. I wish all the learners who took Cambridge exams every success with their future studies.

on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

• Mustafa Millwala
    Aug 12, 2010 - 5:30PM

I got BCCRecommend

• Mohib
    Aug 12, 2010 - 8:10PM

The new grading system for Pakistan has failed veryy badlyRecommend

• Farhan Hassan Maken
    Aug 12, 2010 - 8:22PM

I got two As and a C…Recommend

• Farrukh
    Aug 12, 2010 - 9:59PM

This years’ grading system for cie has failed miserably. The cie should revise the o and a level results, for it would be fair for the grading system to remain the same for all the candidates around the world. Percentage ought to be changed back to percentile. Good results determine admission in good universities which inevitably guarantees a successful career. Majority of the candidates with lesser grades are going through depression right now . As an educationist and as a parent it is my humble request that action should be taken against this latest grading system.Recommend

• Mahil Tufail
    Aug 12, 2010 - 10:30PM

I am very happy, I got a A in Islamiyat and A* in Pakistan Studies , the new system really differentiates amongst A and A* students.Recommend

• Zainab Imam
    Aug 13, 2010 - 12:38AM

Why has it failed?Recommend

• Mohaimin
    Aug 14, 2010 - 12:56AM

I got 7As this time(in total 8). straight As. But i got 90% in commerce o level in november, not sure if that would be counted as an A*.Recommend

• Shifa
    Aug 15, 2010 - 11:32PM

I agree that the the new examination technique has failed very badly,and it is very discriminatory that only we Pakistanis have to suffer while the rest of the world rejoices with their aw sum and fair grading techniques!Recommend

• Asma
    Aug 17, 2010 - 1:53AM

Man you guys dont understand the benefit of this system. I am sorry abt ur results though. But every thing is in ur naseeb.Recommend

• Aug 17, 2010 - 5:19AM

This year’s results were very bad and disappointing . CIE should revise the grading system for the upcoming sessions , other wise there would be many people going for edexcel or perhaps FSc .As a person who has finished igcse and a levels , cie should take some steps after this.Recommend

• AikKhilari
    Aug 23, 2010 - 2:06AM

I saw A* (a**) on somebody’s result. What does (a**) means.Recommend

• osama
    Aug 23, 2010 - 11:48PM

i got stragiht bs which was totally unexpected i believe CIE should take sum steps there will be a protest on weD against this unfair result! a failure in my skool got A* how??? were the results misprinted?Recommend

• Urooba
    Aug 26, 2010 - 7:14AM

I agree totally, i have overall just 3As!,all Bs on 79 mostly. this is soo unfair, i wasnt expecting this at all & i agree ppl frm my school woh were dumb got straight as. My teachers were expecting as frm me . wat is this, this shoild be protested pleasee, its our future on riskRecommend