QUETTA: The Voice for Balochistan Missing Persons (VFBMP), an non-government organisation striving for the safe recovery of missing persons, has said that the relatives of missing persons have pinned all their hope on the Chief Justice of Pakistan for the return of their loved ones, some of who have been missing for years.
Addressing a news conference at a hunger strike camp set up by the relatives of missing persons outside the Quetta Press Club here on Friday, Chairman VFBMP Nasurllah Baloch announced that a seminar would be held on the violation of human rights in Balochistan on May 20 at Quetta Press Club.
“Security forces and security agencies are behind the enforced disappearances and dumping of bullet-riddled and mutilated bodies in Balochistan. This gruesome violation of human rights has continued unabated despite the Supreme Court directives,” he told the reporters on Friday.
“Earlier only relatives accused the security forces and secret agencies but police also produced concrete evidence against these institutions for their involvement in this barbaric act,” he said pointing towards the mounting evidence suggesting involvement of intelligence and security agencies.
He said relatives of missing persons are disappointed with the Balochistan Chief Minister Nawabzada Aslam Raisani and Governor Nawab Magsi as they have failed to fulfill their promises despite enjoying four years in power. “They claim that they are well wisher of Baloch people but so far have failed to address a single issue, particularly the missing persons’ issue. The recovery of mutilated bodies is a slap in the face of so-called democratic government,” he asserted.
Baloch also criticised the Human Rights Organisations for not playing their due role to ensure protection of rights of the common man. “The silence on part of rights groups is regrettable. The humanitarian problems are not addressed by holding seminars at five star hotels.”
More in BalochistanChief warden among two killed in separate incidents in Quetta