After the failure of the province’s law enforcement agencies to recover her husband, missing for the past two years, a woman submitted her application before the Supreme Court Treasury Bench on Monday, detailing her family’s ordeal.
“My husband Mehmoodul Hassan, aged 52 years, went missing from Dalbandin area of Chagai district over two years ago,” said Hajra Mirza, while talking to The Express Tribune.
Hajra, accompanied by her young son, said her husband had been kidnapped in 2010 by a group of armed men.
“After a week, the kidnappers contacted me and demanded a huge ransom for his release since they knew he was an established businessman,” she said.
However, according to Hajra, some senior officials advised her not to pay the ransom money, vowing to recover her husband soon.
Published in The Express Tribune, May 8th, 2012.
More in BalochistanKilling fields: SP CID killed in Quetta