PESHAWAR: The Chief Justice of the Peshawar High Court (PHC), during the missing persons case hearing, directed the federal government to take concrete steps in solving the case and ordered them to inform the court by May 16, Express News reported.
“The missing persons case is a grave matter. It is tarnishing the respect earned by Pakistani troops in the war against terrorism,” said the chief justice.
“The military and agencies should work together to find a solution and implement the court’s order,” he added.
Secretary Defense, Nargis Sethi, Chief Secretary Khyber Paktunkhwa (K-P) Ghulam Dastgir and Interior Secretary Azam Khan had been summoned by the court.
Nargis Sethi assured the court that that its order would be implemented adding, “Soon a meeting will be held in this regard.”
“We will issue a notification to the civil administration and other relevant institutions to not cooperate with anyone on such issues and legal action will be taken against those who violate this notification,” said Ghulam Dastgir.
More in KP & FATAPM contempt: PML-N announces schedule for protest campaign