Missed target: Doctor arrested for murdering restaurant doorman

Published: November 21, 2011

Ansar

KARACHI: The police arrested a doctor on Sunday for the alleged murder of the 36-year-old doorman of Pizza Hut in Hijrat Colony. The doorman, Ansar, was a well recognised face at the restaurant by patrons.

The victim and his nephew, Shehzad, were coming home from the city courts after a meeting with the magistrate on Saturday evening. Two motorcyclists opened fire at them and Ansar was critically injured. The people who attacked Shehzad were traveling on a Honda-125 motorcycle.  Both of them were wearing white shalwar kameez. One was clean shaved while one was wearing a helmet and his features could not be ascertained.

Ansar was taken to Jinnah hospital where he succumbed to his injuries on Saturday night. According to the SHO Fawad Ahmed, the victim was shot thrice with a 9mm pistol. Shehzad registered a case with the police against a doctor Abdul Qayyum and his wife Shaheen. According to Shehzad, he had an old dispute with Dr Qayyum’s family who runs a private clinic in Hijrat Colony.

The police believe that the real target may have been the nephew, Shehzad, and not his uncle. Ahmed said that it looked like the murder took place over a personal enmity but he cannot be sure till the investigation is over. Dr Qayyum was arrested while the police are still looking for his wife, said Ahmed. They are trying to do a background check on the doctor and if he has a degree for practicing medicine, he added.

The victim had 4 brothers and 2 sisters. The three brothers are all in the police force.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 21st, 2011.

Correction: Due to a typographical error, the last paragraph of the story had misspelled ‘brothers’ as ‘bothers’. The error has been fixed.

• He was always cheerful, polite and sincere. It’s a true loss for the hospitality industry. He came to symbolize Pizza Hut.

• sohaib
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:04AM

R.I.P Ansar..May Allah grant him highest place him in Jannat and forgive his sins..We will miss you brother, every time we go to Pizza Hut!

• Aziz
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:39AM

May your soul rest in eternal peace, Anser. What a loss!! I knew him since 1991 when he was working at China Town as a doorman. Always smiling and welcoming. With a very sharp memory to remember names and faces. Heard of his death today morning from my driver, who happens to be Anser’s relative, and was sad to know of loss of a good and innocent life.

• SM
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:40AM

So glad you guys did this story – well done!

• Khalid Ameer
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:50AM

May Allah rest him in peace. He was unique in style and was always good to other persons. My family will miss you.

• Mashood
    Nov 21, 2011 - 11:02AM

May Allah forgive his sins and grant him place in heaven . He was always cheerful and very loving towards children. This is a great loss for his family and for all the people who regularly visit Pizza Hut Clifton. You will be missed.

• Nov 21, 2011 - 11:26AM

My 4 year old daughter always clasped my pants tight whenever entering Pizza Hut though he always had a smile on his face. God bless.

• Anony
    Nov 21, 2011 - 12:28PM

Brothers*

Last Line

• Zeem
    Nov 21, 2011 - 12:47PM

I just met him last Wednesday, when he gave me his usual wide smile . RIP Ansar.

• Nov 21, 2011 - 1:14PM

He was the face of PH! Very sad news… Shocking!

• Nov 21, 2011 - 1:18PM

R.I.P Ansar, you have gone from this world to the real world, may Allah bless you and forgive all your sins and keep you in heaven will all blessings, its very sad and annoying but one who come in this world has to go back as well.
    Allah bless you. aaameeen

• Hasan S. Fancy
    Nov 21, 2011 - 1:42PM

What an intense loss for Pizza hut. Very sorry to hear. He was an icon for the restaurant industry in karachi. He was a well wisher always, and has watched us grow up for the last fifteen years from young rascals into mature business men and always wished well. It is a sad day as there are a very few good humane people left in this country who one can remember fondly.

I feel terrible for his familly, and my sincere condolences to all. May he rest in Peace.

.h.Recommend

• sa
    Nov 21, 2011 - 2:01PM

hmmm…he always greeted everyone with a smile…saddd where the hellll is this country going:(

• Nov 21, 2011 - 2:23PM

This is incredibly shocking and sad. :(

• Pir Ali Raza
    Nov 21, 2011 - 2:24PM

I remember he used to wink at me whenever i came with a girl!Recommend

• Gaven Needham
    Nov 21, 2011 - 2:29PM

I had the privilige to meet Ansar several times on my visits to Karachi. It is truly devastating news and my thoughts are with his family.

• aamir
    Nov 21, 2011 - 2:44PM

im very sad and hurt by the news of his death! he was such a lively and jolly person! i grew up seeing him work at china town and then pizza hut! he was a buddy to every1 old,young,male,female! dude its just shocking that hes no more! every1 had such an open relationship with him he treated every1 as family! may god damn those ppl who shot him! pizzahut will no longer be the same! each time we walk in and walk out he shall and will be missed! :(

• Nov 21, 2011 - 3:16PM

He was really a cheerful, polite and sincere person. Always welcome the guests with politeness. How people could do this to him. It’s a true loss for the hospitality industry.

• Muhammad Anas Khan
    Nov 21, 2011 - 3:21PM

He was very humble, always bring happiness to the visitors. We always enjoyed his company. I am really sad to hear this news

• Sara
    Nov 21, 2011 - 4:19PM

What? He’s dead? That’s extremely sad! He was so cheerful and nice to everyone. He will be missed </3

May his soul rest in peace.

• Moomal arif
    Nov 21, 2011 - 4:38PM

v v v sad news …. RIP.

• Sehar Raothar
    Nov 21, 2011 - 4:40PM

I grew up going to that Pizza Hut where he cheerfully greeted us all. may his soul rest in peace. Tragic!

• Ramzan Ali
    Nov 21, 2011 - 5:08PM

He was very jolly person May Allah rest his soul in Peace……..

• Areeba Zubairi
    Nov 21, 2011 - 5:14PM

From Friends to relatives, he knew them all ! this is such a great loss to pizza hut and china town. we will always remember him as someone so cheerfully greeting us. He was funny and although we did not know him that well but he has seen us grow up and we have seen him bringing smiles to almost every person who entered the door. You will be miss Ansar.. RIP!

and trust me.. you made your place in a million hearts. We have our prayers with you and the family.

• Sohaib Shahid
    Nov 21, 2011 - 5:29PM

RIP Ansar. You will be missed!

Its a tragedy. He always had this smile going on his face keeping everyone happy!

• Naeem Murtaza
    Nov 21, 2011 - 5:40PM

You mention Pizza Hut Boat Basin… and 9 out 10 individuals will on auto, visualize this face.
    I still cant believe it. May Allah grant him a place in Jannat. Ameen.

• uptowngal242
    Nov 21, 2011 - 5:41PM

Deeply Saddened by this. Wow grudge and hatred has taken over everything and even gives you the right to take a life? Sigh*
    Ansar cracked me up each time i went there, one of the reasons we enjoyed our dinner at Pizza hut, my brother and i always picked this location cause of his hospitality and genuine personality!
    RIP Ansar you most def are in a better place than us.

• sigh
    Nov 21, 2011 - 5:44PM

This is so utterly sad. If this is what is to become of the innocent and loved in our city we might as well leave. He will be remembered fondly and missed. May his soul rest in peace.

• Mahad Farooqi
    Nov 21, 2011 - 5:44PM

*Rest in peace dear brother. It saddens me to come to hear of this dreadful news. He was a very charming, kind and friendly fellow. In fact, he was truly the Mascot of Pizza Hut, Clifton. I had met him several times and even though I did not knew him personally, still the thought of not being able to see him if I visit the restaurant brings tears in my eyes and I am sure that same is the case with many others who had seen or interacted with him. May Allah bless you and grant you eternal peace. *

• Aniq
    Nov 21, 2011 - 6:07PM

The killers should be hanged till death. He was one of the few persons who always made you smile. May he RIP and may his family have the patience.
    He will be missed forever.

• Sameer
    Nov 21, 2011 - 6:24PM

He was a gem of a person! Always giving making every one smile.
    I remember him from before Pizza Hut , China Town and he was in this place called Chinese Palace even before that when i was a kid. According to his brother he was returning from a court hearing.May his soul rest in peace.

• Nov 21, 2011 - 6:28PM

just met him the day b4 he was murdered… he was such a gentleman.. god bless his soul.. AMEEN..

• hamza
    Nov 21, 2011 - 6:45PM

i will miss u
    i loved the way he greated us

• anam Islam
    Nov 21, 2011 - 6:50PM

He was a very nice person ….cheerful and helpful….may he rest im peace …..our family get to gathers will never b the same at pizza hut now ….=(

• Oz
    Nov 21, 2011 - 6:56PM

I grew up seeing him. May Allah give peace to his soul and courage to his family members.

• SHEIKH1
    Nov 21, 2011 - 7:18PM

R.I.P

• Zaresh
    Nov 21, 2011 - 7:22PM

This is the saddest news and it brought me to tears to know that such a loving, jolly and ever-smiling man passed away like that. Who could ever hate him? I pray that may his soul find a place in heaven and my deepest heart felt wishes for his family too. He was a gem of a person and a very good friend to everyone. Hospitable and welcoming. May the Lord avenge those ruthless men that killed such a happy soul! :( you will be missed Sir, immensely… Every time we go to that restaurant again, we will miss you at the door..

• Bilal Ali
    Nov 21, 2011 - 7:45PM

Have known Ansar bhai since Childhood and honestly dont know who would want to kill such a cheerful man who would put a smile on everyone who entered Pizza Huts face .
    May Allah grant you a place in jannat Ansar bhai.
    R.I.P

• Nov 21, 2011 - 7:49PM

This hurts. Makes you cry. How things can change. I remember being with my teacher and class fellows at pizza hut and he (Ansar bhai) had fun with us for about 30 odd minutes. He was hilarious. Such an awesome character. May ALLAH grant him JANNAH. Forgive his bad and give peace and calm to his family. The world is at loss here.

• RKM
    Nov 21, 2011 - 7:49PM

whenever i used to enter PH, he used to shout NAMASTEYYYY, haha, also, he met me outside rex centre once, he recognized me there too. we shopped for his shorts, haha. A real cheerful person, that entry gate will always remind me of him. These people dint even spare him. sigh

• Nov 21, 2011 - 7:53PM

i will trully miss him he was a frnd nd a guard he knew me like a frnd nd so did i :’( gnna miss him :(

• Ashar Khwaja
    Nov 21, 2011 - 7:59PM

OMG i feel so sad i knew him since i was 5 or 6

he was a very funny and sweet guy he knew my family’s name RIP Ansar

• kamran masood
    Nov 21, 2011 - 8:07PM

Such a sad news … RIP Ansar bhai

• Karachite
    Nov 21, 2011 - 8:21PM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaehi rajeoon.

May the angels welcome you just the way you welcomed us. Ameen

I remember having a real friendly and animated exchange of witty words at Pizza Hut (boat basin branch) and of all the restaurants or eateries out there, Ansar is the one whom I can never forget… for his nature and energy… Its a shock to come to know about his murder. I am sure if this doctor is responsible, he surely will get some real good legendary Pakistani police treatment thanks to his 3 brothers in the police force.

• jondoe
    Nov 21, 2011 - 8:25PM

He was… Such a kind man. Always was so nice to me, and the people I would be with, always hurrying to make sure i get a good seat. He was, since moving to pakistan, one the first real show cases of hospitality. Would always ask where my family was, why arent they coming… even after so many years of not coming by. Would even remember my name.
    God always takes those that are kindest among men… The good die young.
    Rest In Peace little guy …

• Adeel Suhail
    Nov 21, 2011 - 8:26PM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’oon. He will be missed. He was icon of Pakistan service industry as no one will ever greet, remember you & interact with you like he did. I hope people learn from how he use to treat customer. Pizza Hut will never be same without him.

• Ahmer
    Nov 21, 2011 - 8:33PM

shocking..

may his soul rest in peace.. such a pleasant person who always greeted ppl with original smile..

• Kashif
    Nov 21, 2011 - 8:36PM

May his soul rest in peace AAMEEN

• Anas
    Nov 21, 2011 - 9:12PM

What could he possible do wrong by opening doors all his life , May Allah grant him the highest status in Jannah , Ameen !

• Parsi
    Nov 21, 2011 - 9:31PM

Truly an amazing personality. Just look at the support and love he had garnered here and on Facebook. He sure did live well. Rest in peace Ansar bhai. God bless.

• Parsi
    Nov 21, 2011 - 9:34PM

Truly and amazing personality. Just look at the support he has garnered here and on Facebook. Speaks volumes. You lived well Ansar bhai. Rest in peace knowing the fact that you lived better then most “honest” people out there. God bless.

• Osama Athar
    Nov 21, 2011 - 9:35PM

the best person. had a god gifted attraction

• Injila
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:04PM

May God bless his soul. He was a face that brought smiles to many faces!

• Tariq Umar
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:28PM

His SMILE used to start before he opens the door and welcome customers….but the SMILE remains there even when the door is closed!! As one of my brother mentioned earlier….angels will welcome him as he used to welcome us. May Allah rest his soul in peace. Smiles are like finger-prints…..a unique one of Ansar. He is the only person I know who used to wear Pakistani flag daily (even on weekends).

• AIN
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:31PM

wish he knew he had so many admirers. had a wonderful memory and an ability to recognize and tag people…this ability of his often led me to wonder about his actual profession. we must take up his case and start a petition for justice.

• SAGAR
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:37PM

I have rarely seen such polite and live hearted person in this violence loving world!!may
    God bless you wit a heaven!

• Shahnawaz
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:38PM

He was a true gentleman. Always smiling and his eyes shining. There should be a memorial dedicated to him. He was a champ and always looked one with that uniform. A beautiful human being. We all dearly miss him and from now on it will be very hard to eat pizza at Pizza Hut, Clifton branch. He is Shaheed. May ALLAH wash away his sins and give his family patience to bare this irreparable loss. Ameen.

• Usman Ilyas
    Nov 21, 2011 - 10:45PM

The guy was full of life. I worked with him at the same branch as a Manager. During my whole tenure, I don’t remember that I saw him tired or any such thing. So sad to hear about him. I am sure that half of that particular Pizza Hut’s branch sales used to come due to this man. You will surely be missed :( Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’oon.

• Riaz Rupani
    Nov 21, 2011 - 11:18PM

Very lively, cheerful, friendly person he was. Always made the visit fun, so much so, that my family and I always looked forward to having a little chat with him every time we visited Pizza Hut. In fact, the last time we went there, we somehow missed him at the entrance, and he made sure he met us, by coming over specially to our table to say “hi”. A big loss to humanity. Very kind human being he was. RIP bro.

• M.Talha.Qureshi
    Nov 21, 2011 - 11:18PM

Ansar- you are a hero and we are proud of Pakistanis like you……. you were amazing and your death mourning is all around the country! You showed us that how a common man can become a hero through his hospitality…………. God bless u!

• Salty
    Nov 21, 2011 - 11:35PM

Tragic.

The error in the last line was funny though, lolz.

• IronyDetector
    Nov 21, 2011 - 11:57PM

I have been seeing this guy since I was probably around 10 years old! He started out at China Town, if I’m not mistaken…

• Nadeem Izhar
    Nov 22, 2011 - 12:05AM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaehi rajeoon… Had known him for over 15 years, he will be missed!

• Sagar
    Nov 22, 2011 - 12:07AM

Oh no man ! Whats going on in this world yar?
    How can someone kill such an innocent and lovely guy..
    May God bless his soul and burn the souls of people who killed him after their lives come to end.
    U will be missed Ansar bhai!

• Shah OMER
    Nov 22, 2011 - 12:29AM

RIP…GOD BLESS HIM

• Larry
    Nov 22, 2011 - 12:33AM

“Inna lillahi wa inna ilaehi rajeoon”. I do not know Ansar, but when so many people are saying he was such a nice person – I am really feeling sad. May Allah forgive his sins and elevate him to the Janatul Firdos – Ameen!

• Bheromal
    Nov 22, 2011 - 12:45AM

Very sad news, he was nice person & favorite of all kids
    May his soul rest in peace

• rabbya asad
    Nov 22, 2011 - 12:48AM

literally crying for this stranger!!!!!’coz he was not really a stranger to anyone!!!!his smile was everyone’s friend…….may Allah rest his soul in peace……how cum sumbody was his enemy??????he was sucha sweetheart!!!!

• Armi
    Nov 22, 2011 - 1:53AM

I remember him from the 90s when I was a very young and whenever our family went to Chinatown for dinner he used to greet us and on our way back my parents used to hand me some cash to give to my ‘friend’ as tip. Later on he moved to Pizza Hut and I remember asking him why he moved and he just laughed it off. It’s just heartbreaking to know that a good man and a well-appreciated one at that would be killed like that, especially since he is like a childhood memory. R.I.P Ansar Sahb.

• Umair Niazi
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:26AM

In my teenage days on the streets, we often exchange routes near Bilawal house. When he use to work for China Town. Friendly cheerful and always happy despite of being bullied or made fun off. I use to give him lifts after night shift. For him it was most valued that I was friend of his friend Furqan. He discussed about inequality that I was a nice man treating him as equal. I don’t remember any other conversations As we had many. Last I met him at Pizza hut after 11 years. And he still recognised me. Its a deep tragedy his death and may allah bless his family. Inallah wanillahayrajahoon.

• Alfred
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:30AM

U will be missed alot Ansaar Bhai.. may ur soul rest in peace..

• ali
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:47AM

indeed a great loss… very humble and gentle..

• Shezan
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:57AM

this what happens to innocent people in Pakistan. Thats why I hate Pakistan.. Pakistan SUCKS………..!

• Faizaan K
    Nov 22, 2011 - 4:18AM

RIP Ansar. I was looking forward to your welcome on the next trip but life has a funny way about it. I pray your enemies suffer for this.

• shay
    Nov 22, 2011 - 5:26AM

wow shocking new im only 16 years old and ive known him ever since ive been going to pizza hut. even though i live in canada, i still know that this the loss of wonderfull person. I will always remember him. RIP

• Amin
    Nov 22, 2011 - 6:30AM

May His Soul rest in peace Ameen I met him once, on my visit to Pizza Hut He was Such a Nice and funny guy who used to Welcome everyone with Smile

• gr0w up!
    Nov 22, 2011 - 9:28AM

OMG i remember him quite well i saw the picture and could guess that he was the same guy his height was never a disadvantage kids loved him. He would be missed pizza hut clifton was relocated and we went for the kids sake who wanted to meet him RIP ansar :(

• Jamal Haider
    Nov 22, 2011 - 9:51AM

The incident took place at Multan Para, Hijrat Colony, near Abbasi Mosque, where 35-year-old Ansar son of Yar Mohammad, along with his nephew Shahzad, was going home from City Court.RIP

• azmat
    Nov 22, 2011 - 9:59AM

Inallilla he wa-inalelahe Rajeoon
    Am so sad to know about him, he was such a nice person, always meet everyone with a very nice smile
    Allah plz take care him there

• Usman
    Nov 22, 2011 - 10:04AM

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’oon.
    The guy was full of life and energy! He will surely be missed :(Recommend

• MuslimBrother
    Nov 22, 2011 - 10:07AM

May Allah bless him with highest honor in Jannah and make his grave field of Eden.

• Jawaria Hameed
    Nov 22, 2011 - 10:41AM

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioon.
    May Allah Almighty grant peace to his soul and may he be granted a place in Jannat (Ameen).
    This is definitely a loss. Ansar was a sort of Pizza Hut embassador. I just saw him last friday. Its grieves me to think about that now.

• Saad Javed
    Nov 22, 2011 - 10:56AM

I remember i used to be scared of him when i was 7……….because he always winked at me…………but after this news i feel like crying………he was such a nice guy……he always had a smile on his face.. :(

• Arsal
    Nov 22, 2011 - 11:07AM

He was the charm of almost 4 of my birthdays. whenever you walked in that door he would come and greet me by my name. Its like a close friend passed away.
    May Allah rest his soul in heavens, he was our celebrity. :(

• Nageen
    Nov 22, 2011 - 11:08AM

I will miss you at PH! :)

• yl3
    Nov 22, 2011 - 11:39AM

Very sad news. We will miss his smiling, happy personality. God bless him and his family. May god give them the strengh to get thru this terrible loss.

• Parsi
    Nov 22, 2011 - 12:15PM

Hearing this tragic news makes my heart weep like anything. :(( He was such a pleasant, cheerful, humble and smiling personality that truly enlightened many souls and doubled the joy of dinning at Pizza Hut. We may not get a chance to see or replace him for he is in better place than us. As a gesture, the restaurant should build his statue at the entrance (where he used to stand and greet everyone) allowing his fans and lovers to remember his presence every time they visit and cherish those old moments spent with him.

Rest in Peace Ansar Bhai.

• Shahbaz Umer
    Nov 22, 2011 - 12:51PM

there is no pint going to pizza hut now….RIP Dude

• Adnan
    Nov 22, 2011 - 1:46PM

Inna Lilla hi Wa Inna Elahi Rajeoun… will always remember his smiling face…

• farokh
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:13PM

This is the saddest news and it brought me to tears to know that such a loving, jolly and ever-smiling man passed away like that. Who could ever hate him? I pray that May his soul find a place in heaven and my deepest heart felt wishes for his family too.

He was a gem of a person and a very good friend to everyone. Hospitable, welcoming and ever smiling. May the Lord avenge those ruthless men who killed such a happy soul! You will be missed Ansar Bhai immensely by one and all… Henceforth, whenever my family will go to PH, we will always miss you at the door step and shall remember you in our thoughts. May God give you eternal peace and strength to your family to bear this irepairable loss. Amen!

• Zulfiqar
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:13PM

You will always be missed ….. May Allah give you highest place in Heaven !

• RizwanTKhan
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:31PM

Hard to believe! Was a great man! I cant believe it. May Allah give him Jannah and sakoon in grave.

• ssalman Khan
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:32PM

I remember he used to wink at me whenever i came with a girl!

• Nov 22, 2011 - 2:46PM

The most admirable personality of Pizza Hut. I can’t forget his soothing voice when he sung ‘Happy B’day to you Ammar.’ May Allah rest his soul in Jannat.

• Unreasonable patriot
    Nov 22, 2011 - 2:59PM

RIP Ansar.

• Shahnawaz
    Nov 22, 2011 - 3:49PM

Ansar Bhai you were physically challenged but Allah gave you a huge heart. We have heard about unsung hero, you are definitely our hero. You will always be remembered in our prayers. We were blessed to have known you personally. You used to call me “Bhai”, my mother “Ami”, and my wife “Bhabi”. We really missed you when we went to Pizza Hut yesterday. We couldn’t eat anything and just went back home with your thoughts. May Allah’s blessing be always showered upon you. Ameen.

• human
    Nov 22, 2011 - 4:34PM

he was a jolly soul, may god bless him and give him eternal peace, ameen

• fatima saqib
    Nov 22, 2011 - 5:36PM

a great loss much suddened he was a very cheerful, polite kind and helpful person may he be blessed for this and other world

• MuhammadWaqar
    Nov 22, 2011 - 7:52PM

He is mostly come in ourrestaurant to eaat we r enjoy soo much togather he is reallly very nice i have become shoked that what he taken of some one.

• Farrukh
    Nov 22, 2011 - 8:11PM

A man with heart bigger than himself. It was jut not visiting pizza hut for us it was Ansar who made us chose which pizza hut to visit. One can not find such an enterprising personality easily, he was just like one great friend working at Pizza hut. Ansar May God rest your soul in eternal peace. YOU WILL BE MISSED.

• Muniza Irfan
    Nov 22, 2011 - 8:15PM

Shoked to hear what just happend with the poor little guy. May Allah bless Him… He was a very kind, polite. and a generous person… i still cant believe my eyes… Is it really true or is it just a rumour??? =(

• Mujtaba
    Nov 22, 2011 - 8:28PM

now life is without soul.
    Ansor you were the one who always cheer other nomatters what happened to you ..

• Afshan Lalani
    Nov 22, 2011 - 8:58PM

We all remember his wide welcome smile at the door:) My husband and I got married 6 years back but he still used to call my husband DULHE MIYAN AMIN……….he remembered our name…..He will be alive in our heart (RIP)

• kumail raza
    Nov 22, 2011 - 9:27PM

u know da best thing about dat guy??? its practically impossible to remember all da customer by face and m sure he dont remember my face too but everytime i vist HUT, he pretend not only to recognize me but also xtremly happy to c me.
    and dat wt he use to do with all customers
    vn my sister told me about his death, dats da 1st time ever i felt bad, hearing about someonez death i dont know personally,
    ppl love him and will miss him everytime dey will visit HUT. atleast i will
    rest in peace brother !!!

• Sarah
    Nov 22, 2011 - 9:41PM

A true LOSS! i’ve known him since he was employeed in china town. Such a great soul and indeed was a great and jovial person to have known. These kind of incidents give you jolts and remind you that this place is not eternal……but to go away with such gruesome state:( May Allah give his soul peace and make his life herein after easy and peacuful on him (ameen). All we can do now is recite surah fatiha and 4 kul as much as we can so he can rest in peace and hope that who ever did this and for what reason, May Allah grant him to have his conscience clean until he dies!!!!!!!

• DrAssad
    Nov 22, 2011 - 10:23PM

He accompanied me once while I was eating alone at pizza hut,was really a nice guy,
    its very tragic to hear about this,rest in peace Ansar bhai.
    you will be missed.

• Ammar
    Nov 22, 2011 - 11:14PM

May Allah Bless his soul i must say he was a person that we all will never forget he will be missed when ever we will go to Pizza Hut…… A true symbol of Pizza Hut……

• Amna
    Nov 23, 2011 - 12:07AM

Saddened to bits! What a great guy! ALWAYS had a smile on his face.

• Ejaz
    Nov 23, 2011 - 12:16AM

May Allah rest his soul AameenRecommend

• zs
    Nov 23, 2011 - 1:08AM

its really sad news…everyday we see an ansar being killed in khi>>>God bless his soul with eternal peace

• Advcoate Siddiqui
    Nov 23, 2011 - 1:45AM

The saturdayday i exchanged greetings with him in morning at City Court Karachi

• Samina
    Nov 23, 2011 - 2:27AM

He was a familiar person whenever we went to China Town and Pizza Hut, always smiling and welcoming you to the place. I hope and pray that the culprits are brought to dealt with a/c to the law.

• kash$$$
    Nov 23, 2011 - 11:46AM

Very sad & tragic, may God give the grieving family the strength to get throught this ordeal.

• Khatri
    Nov 23, 2011 - 12:13PM

Assalam o alaikum to all
    it is sad to hear that hes dead, he was a great personality, the JAAN of PIZZA HUT, i always miss him whn i go there, may ALLAH make his grave a garden of heaven AMEEN :( WE ALL MISS U ANSAR…….. :(

• Kashif Hussain
    Nov 23, 2011 - 2:35PM

indeed we have lost a nice, polite and fun guy………….May God shower all his blessing upon his king soul………………May Ansar Rest in Peace…..Amen

• asif
    Nov 23, 2011 - 2:56PM

allah may forgive him for all his sins
    and when ever i went to pizza hut he was sooooo kind and helpful
    R.I.P
    ANSAR

• imran khan
    Nov 23, 2011 - 7:48PM

He was great man . Allah mugfrat kare ..may his soul rest in peace!!!Recommend

• RAJ
    Nov 23, 2011 - 8:09PM

Will Miss Youuuuuuuu…. :((
    RIP

• Nausheen Ahmed
    Nov 23, 2011 - 10:20PM

This is really sad to hear..v knew him for so long!! i still can’t believe it..its true,he was very much welcoming and a cheerful man. he used to alwayz entertain us,spec on special occasions like brthdays,etc..its a big shame for all those who are involved in killing innocent people.May Allah rest his soul in peace and give patience to his family.

• Nov 23, 2011 - 11:41PM

Inna lillah – I used to see him at China Town many decades ago. He was a friendly, welcoming person who recognized me when I saw him later at Pizza Hut. Let us hope that justice is done. And may Pizza Hut have the decency to take care of his heirs.

• Paknumber1
    Nov 24, 2011 - 2:34AM

He died as a Shaheed. RIP.

• Naza
    Nov 24, 2011 - 2:40AM

May his soul rest in peace.extremely sad.He came across as a great natured human being ..and truly symbolized pizza hut .

• tamz
    Nov 24, 2011 - 11:19AM

I have a picture with him at old pizza hut boating basin.. I will miss him really.. nice chap.

• Ali Yaqooti
    Nov 26, 2011 - 4:36PM

Hats off to him!!

• Naeem Jan
    Nov 26, 2011 - 7:26PM

We missed you Ansar bhai,,,,,,,.,,,,

• wizz
    Nov 27, 2011 - 5:40PM

Awwwhh man, i loved that guy! The way he would greet us everytime was just fantastic. May his soul rest in peace.

I know a few other restaurants who have hired Ansar bhai look a likes as their door man.

• zohaib ahmed khan
    Nov 27, 2011 - 6:30PM

may ALLAH rest him peace we ll miss you Ansar bhai:::((

• Saqib
    Nov 29, 2011 - 12:05PM

INA LILLAHI WA INA ILLAIHI RAGIOUN.. He was such a nice many.. great loss to humanity & ofcourse Pizza Hut. May his soul rest in Peace. Amen.

• Shah Hussain
    Dec 2, 2011 - 11:49AM

Six years back, I didnot like to eat pizza. He was the one who motivated me for eating Pizza. He always cheered everybody and was a very good natured person! He always made us laugh whenever we used to go to Pizza Hut! R.I.P Ansar Bhai! :’(

• Zuha
    Dec 8, 2011 - 1:29AM

i will always remember the fun , uncle has been creating on all my birthdays over there.

• Dec 15, 2011 - 7:04PM

Tears in my eyes when i think of my funny moments/gosips with him :(.. really cant express how much i hate this govt… :(

RIP for ansar my prays are always with him..

regards