Two more bullet-riddled bodies of missing persons were found dumped near Vindar area of Lasbela District, Balochistan on Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Faraz and Umeed Ali who had bullet injuries in their head. “The bodies bore multiple marks of torture. The bullets passed through their skulls,” sources said.
A day earlier, Faraz’s sister held a news conference at a missing persons camp set up outside the Quetta Press Club demanding safe recovery of her brother. She accused security agencies of killing Faraz.
“My brother was whisked away from industrial town of Hub on October 9, while my cousin namely Khair Baksh went missing on October 27 when he was travelling in a passenger bus to Karachi from Hub,” she told reporters.
Sources said that Faraz and Umeed Ali had been missing since October 9, but no case had been registered in this regard.
According to the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons, an organisation striving for the recovery of missing persons, as many as 226 corpses of missing persons have been found from different parts of the province since June 4, 2010.
The organisation had refused to receive compensation money which had recently been ordered by the Supreme Court. “We want our relatives back home, not money,” Qadir Baloch, father of missing
Baloch nationalist leader Jalel Reki said.
Published in The Express Tribune, November 3rd, 2011.
More in BalochistanTurbat Blast: Two security personnel killed