New car, new price: Indus Motors to launch new Corolla model

Published: April 8, 2011

Indus Motor Company (IMC) has announced that it will unveil the new Corolla 2011 model next week.

KARACHI:

The new XLi and GLi variants will offer new headlamps, sporty front grill and bumpers, along with redesigned tail lamps, according to a statement issued on Thursday.

IMC announced that the new increased prices of the Xli and GLi variants would be Rs1,399,000 and Rs1,529,000, respectively.

The company added that the price has been increased due to the inflationary trend that has put enormous pressure on IMC in the last one year.

The cost of just the local components/parts has increased by Rs40,000, claimed the press release

The company also claimed to have been absorbing most increases in costs due to rising oil prices due and strong yen.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 8th,  2011.

on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

• Kamran
    Apr 8, 2011 - 1:48PM

There is no check and balance for auto manufacturers. In fact, no check and balance for anything here! Prices are increased at their will. This hike is not due to inflation, but due to minor cosmetic changes.Recommend

• Ali
    Apr 8, 2011 - 9:03PM

Kamran – the increase in prices is justified. The yen is rising due to quakes in Japan which allows them to make their imports cheap to sustain the Japanese economy. Plus yen is expected to further rise since Japanese expats remittances to support their families back home will make yen short in the market. At the same time our own economy is suffering due to rising interest rates, power shortages and high fuel costs all of which couple to increase overall cost of doing business. So if you were planning to buy a toyota dont get worked up about this and hurry up because prices will rise further soon. P.S. I am not affiliated with the Indus Motors or Toyota in any way…at all.Recommend

• apa
    Apr 9, 2011 - 12:53PM

*No check and balance for anything here! Prices are increased at their will. This hike is not due to inflation, but due to minor cosmetic changes.

The price on Tuesday of GLi RS:14,82,000/= and now on Friday

09.04.2011 is reached at the RS:15,29,000/= how is possible some changes in Light & grill & bumpers the increase in prices is not justified. The yen is rising due to quakes in Japan which allows them to make their imports cheap to sustain the Japanese economy. Plus yen is expected to further rise since Japanese expats remittances to support their families back home will make yen short in the market. At the same time our own economy is suffering due to rising interest rates, power shortages and high fuel costs. I am not agreed with the Indus Motors or Toyota in any way…at all.*
    **Recommend

• Apr 9, 2011 - 1:01PM

How shaked that i listen that Price of Cars i.e XLi & GLi increased so much but I booked a car from Quetta Zarghoon Motors for GLi 2011 @RS:1482000/= now i am shacked i will pay extra payment of RS:47000/= how this is possible if you read my comments so reply me on my e-mail **(apachee1972@yahoo.com)** and booked amount is 1529000/= with registration plus own.

Thanks
    (WAITING FOR REPLY)

• sharma
    Apr 10, 2011 - 2:42AM

why the price of cars so high in pakistan?

even accounting indian currency 1 INR=1.8 PKR,price is considerable high!!Recommend

• luis
    Apr 11, 2011 - 10:04AM

@bugti i think there is not authority, no rule, now law, no ethics in pakistan.. Recommend

• Khurram
    Apr 11, 2011 - 3:01PM

Ali…The yen and inflation is only affecting Indus Toyota and not Atlas Honda? City/Civic prices are not increased (the last increase in March was just because of increase of FED Taxation)?

I was waiting for 1.6 Altis for some time hoping it will have lower price tag than 1.8 Altis. But seeing this I can see next month when 1.6 Altis will be launched it will have 1.8 Altis price tag + 40k or 50k. Its insance to spend 15.29 on same decade old 1.3L powered Corolla; I have added 1.56 lachs and have booked Civic instead and I will get the latest and greatest 1.8L iVTEC and not to mention lot of other goodies..Recommend

• Khurram
    Apr 11, 2011 - 3:05PM

Ali…The yen and inflation is only affecting Indus Toyota and not Atlas Honda? City/Civic prices are not increased, the last increase observed in Atlas products was in March that was just because of increase of FED Taxation?

I was waiting for 1.6 Altis for some time hoping it will have lower price tag than 1.8 Altis. But seeing this I can see next month when 1.6 Altis will be launched it will have 1.8 Altis price tag + 40k or 50k. Its insane to spend 15.29 on same decade old 1.3L powered Corolla; I have added 1.56 lacks and have booked Civic instead and I will get the latest and greatest 1.8L iVTEC and not to mention lot of other goodies..With the icing on the top; I am not paying any “own” and the car will get delivered comparatively much sooner (hopefully in 1-2 weeks)Recommend

• asif khan
    Apr 12, 2011 - 1:32PM

I think there is no competion in Pakistan. The quality of any vehicle “MADE IN PAKISTAN” is poor. My suggestion will be to introduce or give license to more companies such as volks wagon, mitsubishi, Fiat, Ford etc and incourage them to compete. The monoply system has to be changed as it works in India where people have more choices to buy cars Recommend

More in Business