This is Sonakshi Sinha's big weight loss secret

Published: October 27, 2016
PHOTO: INSTAGRAM

PHOTO: INSTAGRAM

From chubby to lean, Sonakshi Sinha has left everyone in awe by dropping off a few kilos. Her current transformation has left many of her fans wondering how she did it, and how they could do the same for themselves.

The adorably awkward moment Sonakshi Sinha gave KJo an award 17 years ago

Well, the actor, who has been looking better than ever, finally decided to spill the beans in an interview with The Times of India.

“I just stopped eating junk,” she says, adding, “When I started shooting for Noor, I stopped working out because of the hectic schedule. So, I decided to approach food in a different way. I do gorge on my mom’s delicious food, but when it starts showing on the body, I stop.”

The actor, who had often been criticised by the media for her weight in the past, always had a snappy comeback for the press in her defense. So, her recent weight drop left us wondering, did the harsh criticism finally get to Sonakshi?

Not playing Pakistani journalist in Noor, Sonakshi Sinha says

Well, according to Sonakshi, negative criticism doesn’t affect her. “I block negative energy, I don’t assign importance to irrelevant opinion,” she says. “I was bullied in school for being an overweight teenager, but I remained proud of who I was. When I entered the industry, I came down to 60 kilos from 90 because it’s a visual medium and looks do matter. Regardless of my weight, my debut film Dabangg was a huge hit. So, who is anyone to tell me how I should be?”

Whether she did it for herself or the media, the fact is Sonakshi looks stunning and we look forward to seeing her new look in her future endeavors.

Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

• Bunny Rabbit
    Oct 27, 2016 - 4:42PM

30 plus weight or no, its tough to bounce back with the younger generation lining up year after year .Recommend

• Guru Vivekanand
    Oct 27, 2016 - 5:35PM

Ban Bollywood please.Recommend

• whatsoever
    Oct 29, 2016 - 2:09PM

That’s why I always prefer desi food over junk food.Recommend

• Joe Aranjo
    Oct 29, 2016 - 5:11PM

I thought Pakistan has banned Indian content. You still need Indian celebrities news to keep your websites running. How patriotic and dignified indeed!Recommend

• pakistani
    Oct 29, 2016 - 6:43PM

I endorse joe opinion Recommend

• Daniyal Bin Muzaffar
    Oct 30, 2016 - 9:52PM

@Joe Aranjo:
    The point is to keep Pakistani people up to date, what is happening globally whether it is an Indian content or Hollywood.

Take things in a different way.Recommend

• H.B
    Nov 25, 2016 - 1:03PM

I second Joe’s opinion.Recommend

Leave Your Reply Below

Your comments may appear in The Express Tribune paper. For this reason we encourage you to provide your city. The Express Tribune does not bear any responsibility for user comments.

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive. For more information, please see our Comments FAQ.