File photo of Maulana Abdul Aziz. PHOTO: AFP
ISLAMABAD: While condemning the massacre in San Bernardino, California, Lal Masjid cleric Maulana Abdul Aziz on Saturday denied any links with Tashfeen Malik, the woman identified as the female shooter.
While expressing sadness with the killings at a social services centre in California, the cleric said that “Islam does not permit attacks on innocent people.” Aziz said that he had also condemned the Paris attacks but was still being presented as a terrorist or a terrorist-sympathiser in the media.
“I swear, I do not know Tashfeen Malik and have never been photographed with her,” he said in a statement issued on Saturday. “I have never even been photographed with my wife and daughters. How can you imagine me being photographed with a na-mahram (woman who is not related to me),” he asked.
US has not handed proof of California shooter’s link with Lal Masjid: PM House
He said women sometimes come to him asking for advice, but he usually cannot recognise them because most come wearing face veils. He added that this would be the only way he could have possibly have had any interaction with Malik.
Umme Hassan, Aziz’s wife and the principal of the Jamia Hafsa seminary, also supported her husband, saying he rarely gives interview to female journalists, and whenever he did give one, Hasan or one of their daughters would sit in the room with Aziz.
“I can say with complete assurance that Malik… never took a photograph with him,” she said.
Female suspect of California shooting was Pakistani: CAIR
Foreign media had reported that US officials handed information to Pakistan about links between Malik and Lal Masjid. The PM house has since denied any receiving any such information.
Malik and her American-born husband, Rizwan Farook, burst into a year-end party in San Bernardino, California on Wednesday afternoon and opened fire at Farook’s co-workers, killing 14 and wounding 21.
They were later shot dead by the police after a gun battle.













Arrest this terrorist.Recommend
This man is a terrorist, supported by PMLN. PMLN also supports LEJ, I hope the army will remove this corrupt terrorist supporting party by the next year. I now give my full support to PTI now. These shooters were Pakistani, and are pakistan’s problem, he was a product of Zia’s Pakistan, and Nawaz is here to cocntinue his legacy.
Rex MinorRecommend
Master of U turn!! Recommend
this man refused to condemn the Army public school attack but will condemn everything that happens in france and US. maybe hes just here to create trouble for pakistan only! where is his funding coming from!!!Recommend
@Shuaib
why?
We find him inconvenient?
But we find some other terrorists useful?Recommend
Mulla Aziz & his wife had been promoting ISIS agenda publicly. His involvement will not be a surprise.Recommend
I really dont care Burka Aziz
Please can we extradite him to the US anyway.Recommend
Only those who are protecting this disgraceful man…..will believe his lies.Recommend
@Hamid Gul:
By we you mean India? Let me answer your query, those fighting in Kashmir are not terrorists they are freedom fighters, who are fighting for their rights. Recommend
This man has threatened to plunge the country in blood pool.Everything is on record why is he roaming free.This is time for NS to avail the opportunity to become an iron man by making clerics like this an example of ridding the country of this monster of terrorism.Recommend
yes California shooting is condemnable and islam doesn’t permit this at all.. but mr shameless moulana those who died in aps attack in Peshawar and those who were blood bathed in streets of Pakistan were also innocent.. I am short of words for expressing disgust for this terrorist sympathizer mullah.. et plz publishRecommend
Better would be to not to support any attack on anyone whether innocent or not. This statement that its wrong to attack innocents has a major flaw, as it’s the perpetrator who decides who is innocent and who isn’t.Recommend
This guy has also killed our brave soldiers. Why he is not tried in military courts?Recommend
American may want him to have his day in court in America and justify what he had been practicing and saying. Government should hand him over to American and then see what he says then and how he interprets his brand of sharia.Recommend
During Afghan Soviet war they were tasked to produce extremist turn to mujahideen.
He is following same path of extremism untill now.While sitting at the heart of country such extremism is the matter of great concern.
He need not to show himself as mehdi.
His role is very doubtful.So he must be kept under tight grip.Recommend
First time he has scared, otherwise always dared
he did not condemn Peshawar attack last yearRecommend
Best way to deal this guy hand over him to FBI for further investigations.Recommend
Haaah! Believing him is like saying the moon comes out at the break of day and the sun shines at nite. He is an expert at backward somersaults. SalamsRecommend
Is this Mulla so powerful OR the Govt has no guts to arrest him , he has been challenging the state and even faught against the Army but still roaming in the capital without any fear. The brave Army chief must take note of his past and present and put him behind bars his real place, try in Military court for killing brave army men and send him to gallows.Recommend
Hand him over to US for trial in Guatanamo Bay…. They will show him all the evidences of his involvement. Nice way to get rid of cockroaches.Recommend
And you expected him to admit??? That’s funny.Recommend
THIS TERRORIST MULLAH SURE MUST BE SHYING AWAY FROM FEMALE JOURNALIST, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO FLEEING FROM LAW ENFORCING AGENCIES, THIS TERRORIST MULLAH WEARS THE BURQA OF FEMALES TO HID HIS IDENTIDY.Recommend
Such a pious man is being wrongly framed by US. CIA is clearly behind this conspiracy to malign Pakistan.Recommend
@Parsad Ragu:
By your logic, the rebels in Balochistan must be freedom fighters.Recommend
Who would believe the Burqa liar?Recommend
Well i dont know what is the truth but the man above should be apprehend earlier on a/c of many charges and FIR registered against him with the police in Islamabad simply dont understand what is our Govt doing. At least our Govt should do things in order to completely eradicate such elements from our society. Recommend
ET moderator, the rex minor who is accusing the good man of Lal Mosque is an imposter user of my name .
REX MINORRecommend
If USA have proof give US. Why should we send someone to USA. If you remember Raymond Allen Davis killed innocent Pakistani (He was CIA agent) and USA did not take any action against him. So, Why should we sale our Pakistani to USA?Recommend
@Last Word:
What ? are you in a proper state of mind to call this man pious ? it was he who did not condemn APS killing but is now giving sermon. He is a hypocrite of the first order. Recommend
@ishrat salim:
Fully agree with you. My views were just being sarcastic.Recommend
He has been made scapegoat since he gave 2 weeks warning to start agitation.Recommend
“Never been photographed with Tashfeen Malik: Lal Masjid cleric.”
You were wearing Burqa in the photo!Recommend
This man himself should be behind the bars; I fail to understand what really is the delay????are our authorities scared of him; if so then why?Recommend
I am at lost why the USA Police did not capture the suspects alive in spite of modern techniques, technology and weapons so all the doubts have been crystle cleared and they himself told all the reasons and motives for killing such a large number of innocent people? Such suspects should be apprehended alive, how much weapons they could have? How many days they could have compete the police? This is cowardness at the part of USA police to kill the suspects as they were nabbed and before them and they were only two persons not a large group of people which could encounter them for days or months. They must had been arrested alive for their motives of murder and all the reasons behind should be surfaced. Now all bad organizations taking their names as their heroes.Recommend
@Rex Minor:
Why can’t we have some sanity in this age of propaganda engineered by US and its allies? Have we seen any condemnation from USA regarding attacks on innocent people in Iraq during war on Iraq? Why not condemn all killings of innocent people? Why be selective? Any answersRecommend
They really need to arrest this guy and likes of him.. they are the biggest threat to islam, Recommend
@Dija: If you have any proof of his crimes, please send them to the Prosecutor in Islamabad. Otherwise SHUT UPRecommend
A extreme lol for Abdul Aziz. He pretended himself as an don of Islamabad. Because he enjoyed his time at Adiala jail. But when he knew the matter is so serious. He has given fatawa on men photography with women because he is well aware about Guantonama jail and now proclaiming that circulating pictures are photoshopped. Recommend
@abid:
The depraved pair had “over 1,400 .223 caliber rounds” on the suspects’ bodies or in their vehicle, as well as “over 200 9mm rounds.” The shooters also had a pair of assault rifles and a pair of pistols. If they had been allowed to use up all their ammo in order to be captured alive, they potentially could have killed 1,600 people @ 1 bullet each. I guess the police decided others innocent lives were more valuable on the highly-trafficked road they were on than the wasted lives of these murderers. Recommend
After shooting of inocent school kids in Peshawar, Ch. Nisar said he is surprise why no one arrest and punish this molana. Ch. Sahib every one of us r surprise. Allah will give u AJAR-E-AZIM u pls take intiative for this KAR KHAIR.Recommend